Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683 View Post
    Are there any advantages to "wiping" your phone? Will it stop the memory leak or just run better?
    Some would say yes some say no. When I install an OS I wipe but that's just my OCD. What I found to be more effective in reducing memory leak is manually adding 3rd party apps and contacts instead of through DM or Loader.exe. The more OS's you install the more chances that a directory has been corrupted which will lead to memory leak. I know it's pain to do but IMO it has reduced memory leak. Of the course the best thing you can do to prevent memory leak is to not install themes. Just my two cents.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Some would say yes some say no. When I install an OS I wipe but that's just my OCD. What I found to be more effective in reducing memory leak is manually adding 3rd party apps and contacts instead of through DM or Loader.exe. The more OS's you install the more chances that a directory has been corrupted which will lead to memory leak. I know it's pain to do but IMO it has reduced memory leak. Of the course the best thing you can do to prevent memory leak is to not install themes. Just my two cents.
    I feel the same way. I'm just not sure if JLCmdr is really and thoroughly wiping my phone. I wish I knew of one that did. I also agree by constantly using a backup to restore all the 3rd party apps isn't good either but as far as the phonebook, I can't enter over 300 contacts everytime I load a new OS.
    Especially the way we have been doing that. LOL

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Hey Striker....
    If you ever get the chance and you want to wipe your device, try the BB Swiss Army Knife. Very user friendly.

RIMGeeks.com • View topic - BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

Use mirror two.

I've used it myself over the last weekend. No sweat. Got the 507 error on my device like it should.

Regards,
    ~Michael~

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsonite View Post
    Hey Striker....
    If you ever get the chance and you want to wipe your device, try the BB Swiss Army Knife. Very user friendly.

Use mirror two.

I've used it myself over the last weekend. No sweat. Got the 507 error on my device like it should.

Regards,
    ~Michael~
    Thanks, I will do that next time i wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsonite View Post
    Hey Striker....

Use mirror two.

Regards,
    ~Michael~
    I second this this is an outstanding and easy to use app

Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    i use it too...
    happy with the performance so far...

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    i use it too...
    I agree I think the nice think about it is it doesn't have the DOS interface that scares a lot of people.

PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    i use it too...
    I agree I think the nice think about it is it doesn't have the DOS interface that scares a lot of people.
    Lol. So true. The first time I used it, I was like hmmm!............should I.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast