What kind of case do you use for your Storm? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kind of case do you use for your Storm?

manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    Liked
    3 times
    yeah the feather would have been my second choice

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post
    Get the Seidio Innocase II with (or without) the belt clip nice and clean looking and has a great feel. But i am sure you will get several different comments here. Plus i guess if you drop it alot you might want to go with the Ottercase
    does anyone know any good discounts on this and the clip? 50 dollars seems way to pricy for something that isnt an outterbox

tallon is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    cases are like underwear... ya gotta pick what you feel good in... I have been using the Seidio Innocase II since it came out for the storm... I recently upgraded to their 2600mh battery and the extended Seidio Innocase II to match it... the nice thing is that I also bought their cradle so I don't have to take the case off to use it... as for the batt pull issue I read earlier just download Quick Pull and you don't have to pull your battery...

bdube is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow bdube On Twitter
    PIN
    all u gott
    Device
    VZW Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes too often to
    Liked
    0 times
    im in love with the feather from incipio and i got my dad an otterbox for his storm

RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    I use the seidio innocase i but im ordering the innocase ii because one doesnt cover over spwaker and when i use my belt clip with it it leaves small scracthes on top so now im ordering ii. Other then that theres no problem with it. Oh if your phone every freezes its a little proces youll have to go threw to do a battery pull but its cool with me since i seldem do one.

RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tallon View Post
    cases are like underwear... Ya gotta pick what you feel good in... I have been using the seidio innocase ii since it came out for the storm... I recently upgraded to their 2600mh battery and the extended seidio innocase ii to match it... The nice thing is that i also bought their cradle so i don't have to take the case off to use it... As for the batt pull issue i read earlier just download quick pull and you don't have to pull your battery...
    hay also memory eye is better then quick pull

manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by randyrkelly View Post
    hay also memory eye is better then quick pull
    but quickpull is free

Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Liked
    1 times
    I like mine raw-dawg. I like to feel everything. :biglaugh:

Servovestri is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    None
    Device
    Galaxy Nexus
    OS
    Android
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    0 times
    I use the Otterbox with the Pipboy Theme, makes me feel like I need to be rolling on the Capital Wasteland. I don't seem to have too much of an issue typing except for using the number 0 or the shift on the left hand side. The spacebar took a little getting used to but I hit it all the time now.

It does take some getting used to, but I'm very impressed with the otterbox defender series. It is a fearsome case, and could probably also be used as a weapon.
    Last edited by Servovestri; 05-08-2009 at 04:08 PM.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    I like my otterbox. I've has to customise it a little but it works for me. As servovestri said there is a typing issue but I punched the crappy screen protector out and it works like a charm.

I was expecting their lastest release today but I'm told by ups it got hung up in custom's :lame:
    This is apparently the 3rd version and it'll answer all the typing and sound issue's people are complaining about.

If it's really as good as they say I'll post some pic's on monday

cgc2 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Curve
    Liked
    0 times
    ditto, Otterbox Defender...fits perfect, does not obstruct the screen or the action of the screen.
    Has a built in screen protector, rubber armor surrounding the Storm in a plastic case.

Very very solid , and i bet this might even make it water resistant....not water proof.
    Last edited by cgc2; 05-08-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    I just ordered this case today it seems to have some really good potential. I will let you know how it goes.

Cases and Accessories - SILICRYLIC Silicone Crystal Case for BlackBerry Storm 9530 - Dark Gray

awtryau89 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    NA
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been using the Case-Mate Barley There. I love it.

Paradio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Available
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.591 w/latest h
    Liked
    0 times
    Have the feather myself in Black. Love the feel and durability of it. Driopped once without hardly a nick. Some difficulty when popping it off for a batterypull but loosens up a tad after a few removals. Also have the Zagg Invisible shield to protect the screen. I like the feel of it when using the touch screen and provides great protection. Both I think have lifetime warranties. The Feather also fits snugly into a standard belt clip holster.
    Last edited by Paradio; 05-08-2009 at 10:19 PM.

woolroom is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Cases

I bought a Boxwave case (flip cover) which was the same type that I used with my 8830 and which I loved. However, the case for the Storm didn't fit properly - I had to remove the camera to take a picture. So, I sent for an exchange and in the meantime ordered a Noreve case. I lovethe look and the feel of that case. I started to notice a degradation in the signal - so much so that I, not realizing it could be from the magnetic closure at the bottom of the case, wiped the phone and reinstalled the OS a few times. I hadn't been looking before, but when in frustration I was removing the phone from the Noreve case to remove the battery and restart - one more time, I noticed the bars went up. After receving a replacement Boxwave case (which still has a fit problem but the camera slot is OK now), I tried the phone in the same spot in the house with both cases and noticed that the bars are at 4 and 5 most of the time with the Boxwave and at 1 and 2 most of the time with the Noreve. Needless to say, I am using the Boxwave now.

I just googled the case and discovered that others have noted that the hard metal shell is what is causing the decreased signal strength. Oh, well. I guess beauty isn't everything.
    Last edited by woolroom; 05-12-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123