Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    When you compare the storm to what the iphone was when it was first released, I think you have to say it's been a minor success. Yes, it's got some flaws, but it still offers some features that the iphone doesn't. And the iphone wasn't without its flaws either. So I wouldn't call it a flop.

PIN
    YATA!!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    v10 Hybrid

Storm + BBCrackman = Success!

This is my first BB and I was instantly dissappointed. The hardware itself is solid but the software, out of the box, sucked! I have always modded my phones in the past so the following day after i got my storm I upgraded the operating system. Made it a much better device. As the hybrids got better the phone got better. With the latest .151 V7 OS the phone is amazing. The way it should have been since day one. I can't thank enough, BBCrackman and the people on the forums that try and troubleshoot the os's to make them what the people need. So i would say the phone is not a flop but its all thanks to the leakers and tweakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:usa2:

Device
    Storm 9530
    Quote Originally Posted by secured2k View Post
    Storm Isses:
    I am technical power user and I find the Storm disappointing. The normal use of the Smart Phone is OK, but anyone actualy installing applications and trying to push the phone to do more will often end up with problems. Operating memory issues and lag should not be a part of the phone experience but it feels like smart phone manufacturers are willing to sacriface this experience to throw in features.

I read somewhere that RIM acknowledged the issues and responded with something along the lines of, "it's our first release" and "we've learned a lot". Hopefully the Storm 2 will actually be something as good or better than the Palm Pre.

I haven't had a lot of experience with the Palm Pre, but so far, it looks to be a solid Smart Phone. Some things that really sold me within the first few minutes: Slide-out qwerty keyboard, accurate/fast touch screen, better speakerphone, better browser (webkit), smoother and faster interface, better zooming, and FAST multitasking. So no, it's not instant, but the phone seems so much more responsive.

I wish my Blackberry was waiting on me instead of me waiting on it (even if it's just for a few seconds).

now i agree with you, but i don't blame RIM. i blame the app devs who didn't write very good code as far as managing available resources. if you get some well written apps on the phone, you'd be suprised how well it can run and even multi-task. i find that now my battery is more of an issue than app memory is. i've ditched a lot of apps and i've seen a huge improvement over the actual function of the device. some apps aren't just ready for the storm.

PIN
    30613e8d
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBCrackman V6 w/.90 Radio
    Overall I like my Storm....granted there are a couple of minor quirks, however keep in mind they're 99% due to the fact I'm on AT&T. The Storm's O/S, the radio in particular, is geared more towards CDMA with the GSM as a way to make calls when out of CDMA (Verizon's) service area. The phone itself functions great of GSM, it is only the data that is a bit iffy at times. (Use radio .90 or else, if you're on AT&T, seems to be the answer).

Other than that, I prefer the Storm to the iPhone.....the GPS works and I really like the sure-press action of the screen. (No where near as many wrong letters when typing, since you know what letter is going to come out before clicking). Curious what they've done with the sequel, the haptic feedback is what sold me. (I might even hop to Verizon when the At&t contract is up next month to gain the 3G speed).

PIN
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Stock .320
    I have enjoyed the bugs that came with my storm. Just feel lucky that hopefully we will see storm 2 soon.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I'm still trying to decie on moving to the Tour for the keyboard vs waiting for Storm 2. I have faith things will be better in the next generation.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS

flop or not?

As a BES (75+ BES emails/day) user that travels the Northeast Corridor (making Verizon the most reliable coverage) the Storm has worked well for me vs 8830 and a pearl. I use documents to go to review simple spreadsheets and word documents so the large screen is very helpful. Using the Internet is much easier (flights/train schedules, etc.) than on either of the other BB's.

However, the advent of leaked software has saved the Storm for me.

.75 only? Flop
    Leaked OS? Not a Flop.

Quote Originally Posted by jkuras View Post
    As a BES (75+ BES emails/day) user that travels the Northeast Corridor (making Verizon the most reliable coverage) the Storm has worked well for me vs 8830 and a pearl. I use documents to go to review simple spreadsheets and word documents so the large screen is very helpful. Using the Internet is much easier (flights/train schedules, etc.) than on either of the other BB's.

However, the advent of leaked software has saved the Storm for me.

.75 only? Flop
    Leaked OS? Not a Flop.
    Very well said Jkuras

And welcome to BlackberryOS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast