Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
    i've said it before. the storm isn't a consumer device. it is a business device with consumer functions added. consumer functions = eye candy. there is nothing NEW to the storm that isn't on the other berries.

now with that said, i feel the storm is a success. slow start = / = fail. and now with the OS improvements (including official and .15x and even 5.0) i feel like the storm will be a good device from now on. the launch was just really, REALLY rocky. and i blame VZW for pushing it, as well as the other carriers...and RIM for not preventing it. there should have been some sort of fight, even go to court over it. but RIM and the carriers wanted their xmas $$$ so we all know how that turned out.
    I agree with you Patches...My storm rocks!!!!

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidersweb View Post
    The Voyager was a flop... (opps, did I write that out loud?)

You make a few very good points so I dare not repeat them. And I won't go into to the past. That's already been written. But I will say that from my perspective, the hardware that they introduce was on point. Yes it came with a lot of wolftickets. But consider that it didn't take a rocket scientist to see that the problem were all software related. To me it's like Deja Vu..., I seem to remember looking out the Window at a few other Big Dogs that tend to piece-mill out their best work. I think that the Storm will continue to hold its own. If the hardware gets any better it will probably be what we can all expect (wifi, more touch screen, color change, faster, stronger and so on.) The software can happen at anytime the great minds let go of their visions. More Hybrids or 5.0 OS, it doesn't make a difference to me. Just no that the potential for success is already in your hand when you pick up a Storm.

I think Samsung Glyde was a total flop!!!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Storm Isses:
    I am technical power user and I find the Storm disappointing. The normal use of the Smart Phone is OK, but anyone actualy installing applications and trying to push the phone to do more will often end up with problems. Operating memory issues and lag should not be a part of the phone experience but it feels like smart phone manufacturers are willing to sacriface this experience to throw in features.

I read somewhere that RIM acknowledged the issues and responded with something along the lines of, "it's our first release" and "we've learned a lot". Hopefully the Storm 2 will actually be something as good or better than the Palm Pre.

I haven't had a lot of experience with the Palm Pre, but so far, it looks to be a solid Smart Phone. Some things that really sold me within the first few minutes: Slide-out qwerty keyboard, accurate/fast touch screen, better speakerphone, better browser (webkit), smoother and faster interface, better zooming, and FAST multitasking. So no, it's not instant, but the phone seems so much more responsive.

I wish my Blackberry was waiting on me instead of me waiting on it (even if it's just for a few seconds).
    Last edited by jlevy73; 06-06-2009 at 03:28 AM.

Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    I have been very happy with the Storm, must have been lucky with the hardware (touch wood). I had no issues with the occasional restart, and only found out about memory issues when I joined the forums...

I came from 2 years on a 8707 BB.
    I am half Tech enabled, and have played with upgrading the OS, with success - and this is with thanks to all the great posts on the forums, from all the very helpful experts on BBos... you guys are great.

I am really happy and very impressed with Storm...

Prior to the 8707, I had an o2 phone for a couple of years (Stylus operated Windows Mobile).... and that was a problematic and very unreliable phone..

The Storm is 100 years ahead of that.. so all in all my experience with the storm I score it 98%.

BTW I am a business user, and use the phone a fair bit..

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by brightspark View Post
    I have been very happy with the Storm, must have been lucky with the hardware (touch wood). I had no issues with the occasional restart, and only found out about memory issues when I joined the forums...

I came from 2 years on a 8707 BB.
    I am half Tech enabled, and have played with upgrading the OS, with success - and this is with thanks to all the great posts on the forums, from all the very helpful experts on BBos... you guys are great.

I am really happy and very impressed with Storm...

Prior to the 8707, I had an o2 phone for a couple of years (Stylus operated Windows Mobile).... and that was a problematic and very unreliable phone..

The Storm is 100 years ahead of that.. so all in all my experience with the storm I score it 98%.

BTW I am a business user, and use the phone a fair bit..

Thanks for giving positive feedback on storm...nowdays we hear it more and more with people using leaked OS/beta OS and hybrids, but before, people were more negative about it....I believe it has a lot of potential and we have seen significant progress, so we know RIM is moving in the right direction :arms:

Device
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    I knew from jump that I would want this phone. I actually purchased one in February and got my wife a curve with the verizon bogo. Due to an unfortunate disagreement with the wifey (she didn't want her phone), I took both phones back after about a week. Now mind you, prior to that initial purchase, I had already engrossed myself with the forums and everything that I could possibly find out about this phone. This was my first bb but I had learned all about leaks and upgrading and the whole nine so when I repurchased the phone (for real this time lol) a month later back in March, I already knew what I was getting into. I'll be honest: Verizon screwed up. The sales that they probably lost because they wanted to push the phone asap would've been gained with a later release and an initially better OS. Also, my thing is, they should train their salespeople to use crackberry and blackberryos and other sites that show you how to upgrade as a selling tool. I believe that so many more people would've loved this phone from jump if they would've gotten home and when they opened up the box, a little card that simply said BlackberryOS or crackberry.com would've fallen out the box! I've been fairly lucky too... Then again, I am tech savvy as well. I love my STORM but out the box from the store, it's one of the worst phones ever. Not until updates are done, is the phone in my mind the best that I've ever owned.

Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    We have had a Storm here since day one. It was buggy but not more than other things for a first attempt (Directv DVR+ for and example). It's not a flop to me. It's simply getting better. I saw 4 more people at work carrying them. We now have 2 here. Mine and my girl friends Since .148 came out it has been useable and very stable. Now the Crackman Hybrid V7 is AWESOME. Now the phone is rocking. It will only get better from here.

Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Ok well its great to see users appreciate their phone. And I do agree with everyone saying I like my storm also. That being said my friend is a manager of a sprint store and I actually got hand time with the pre for about a day and here is how I feel. Out the box its sad to say the pre outperforms my storm out the box. Way less lagg is the comparison I am making . Also the browser difference is highly noticeable . But it does have its flaws which I won't go into unless ppl ask me to. But my point in my previous post is that what has made the storm a good device are leaks. And that isn't always guaranteed because with the storm u have to pray u get a good device that will react well with leaks and hybrids. For example om using crackman hybrid and have it on 3 different phones at work in the same location. Have them all with the same settings. All running pandora. And 1 phone died completely after 3 hours of use and another had 35% left and another 50%. I allowed the other two to die which they did roughly an hour later. Now this is where I laughed I recharged phones and did 3 battery pulls and what I found amazed me and maybe someone can try it on their phones. At the beginning I was at 100% battery life after batterypulls I was at 95% and the battery pulls are in span of 5 mins. So I kept going after 10 battery pull I was 90%. So I kept going until I had to leave would u want to take a guess how far down it went? I made it to 75% on one phone 80 and 75 on another. Lol I had myself a great laugh. And the memory leak I could not gauge because I was doing battery pulls obviously so memory restart. But like I'll say it again I like my storm but like I said just flaws many flaws

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast