Ring tone question

Thread: Ring tone question

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550

Ring tone question

Does anybody know if there is a way to set a seperate ringer for numbers that come up private?

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by blachance75 View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a way to set a seperate ringer for numbers that come up private?
    i don't think so, there might be some kind of app though but then i might be wrong

might wanna take a look here as well, might help a little
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/private-number-53291/
    Last edited by Kris; 06-03-2009 at 05:50 PM.

jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    I've been wondering this as well. Haven't really played around with it much on my phone because I figured it wasn't possible. But that'd be great if someone developed an app for this.

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    As of right now, i do not believe this is possible, i would love to have this feature as well!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Crap I know I saw something for this the other day. Let me rack my brain and see if I can dig it up again.

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Thanks jlevy, let me know if you remember.

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)

Possible New Solution:Custom Ringer for "Unknown Caller ID"

Please PM me for a possible solution which I now have working on my Storm - it's actually very simple but unavailable in any searches I have made here or elsewhere. I need a few testers. Thanks!
    Last edited by toytooii; 06-04-2009 at 11:25 AM.

mrolfe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140 Querky but alot better

Found this on CB for 83XX tried on Storm

Went in my addy book and created 2 new contacts: Private & Unavailable. I gave each contact 3 phone numbers: private, unknown, & unavailable (had to hold the ALT key to type letters in the number fields). Assigned a ringtone for the two contacts in the address book options which automatically created the exception (I did NOT have to go to Profile & perform a separate function). It worked!

I tried this with the stom but I don't have the patience to get it working correctly. It would take the Alpha caracters instead of numbers and I can set the ringer to a different one but when I tried to call from a blocked phone I couldnt get the ring to work. Not sure what I am doing wrong. ANy help would be appreciated. :blackeye:
    Last edited by ealvnv; 06-04-2009 at 09:07 PM.

jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by mrolfe View Post
    Went in my addy book and created 2 new contacts: Private & Unavailable. I gave each contact 3 phone numbers: private, unknown, & unavailable (had to hold the ALT key to type letters in the number fields). Assigned a ringtone for the two contacts in the address book options which automatically created the exception (I did NOT have to go to Profile & perform a separate function). It worked!

I tried this with the stom but I don't have the patience to get it working correctly. It would take the Alpha caracters instead of numbers and I can set the ringer to a different one but when I tried to call from a blocked phone I couldnt get the ring to work. Not sure what I am doing wrong. ANy help would be appreciated. :blackeye:
    Haven't tried any of this yet, but what about using "restricted" or "restricted number" as one of the "contacts" Just an idea

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrolfe View Post

Well, It appears to be a little different approach for the Storm and it's actually looking for different "names". Checking my Event Log after calling my storm from a Caller Id blocked phone(actually it's my Skype line), I looked at the events which had just taken place. The storm is looking for ABSENT NUMBER (in the name field) and several other possibile "names". It is also, I believe, looking for either a 10 digit number (I got it to ring differently for the skype call by using 0000123456 as the number or a " " representing no number (null). Problem is, no way to get that into the Storm's phone number field. So, maybe I've given you some ideas to play with. I got it to work once but it wouldn't hold up after the first call and reverted back to the default ringer.
    Last edited by toytooii; 06-04-2009 at 10:25 PM.

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    I'll try to play around with different name and number combos tonight and I'll post what I find.