Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times

VZW and jlcmdr

Okay, so I'm getting ready to send back my storm when the replacement arrives (having hardware issues) and since VZW asked me to call them from another phone so they could verify my OS (which is .148 v6 shrunk), which I didn't do cuz I'm not into the whole Big Brother thing, my question now is when I send back my old phone, will they freak out if I wipe the phone with jlcmdr before I do? I want all traces of A) My data, 2) My previous OS switches, and C) All 3rd party software to be completely undetectable. I know doing the "Wipe Handheld" doesn't completely remove every single thing, so I want to F this phone off completely. Not to mention I hate that they send you back a remanufactured phone for a replacement, I wish I could get away with body slammin it first! I pay about a gazillion dollars a month for 5 phones and an air card, they practically own one of my kidneys, so I just feel I should be getting a NEW phone and not one that "looks exactly like a new phone" (sorry for the rant, I just hate paying for their advertising with the high cost of services.) Thanks for any help with this, I hope there is someone who has actually sent one back that's been jl wiped.

Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    I have sent six back with a JL wipe, I did however reload .75 back on it. I have never had a problem with Big red when doing this.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    I have sent six back with a JL wipe, I did however reload .75 back on it. I have never had a problem with Big red when doing this.
    Thank you Nikkig, that's just what I wanted to hear. Honestly I didn't want to go thru the extra time to reload a clean OS back onto the phone, but I suppose that would save a bit of drama if they got upset about it. Thanks again Mrs. God (Hey on another note, since you ARE Mrs. God, and we know who really runs the show up there:haha:, could you maybe make sure my new storm is in perfect working order? And no scratches either? That would be great...mmmkay?:biggthumpup
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you not read the part about me having sent back 6 storms so far? It is a power greater than GOD to get "the perfect storm". Your gonna have to ask JLevy... he has all the good ones stowed away

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Yeah I have the good ones that don't work with BT. Besides that their fantastic. Getting my 6th replacement tomorrow.

I just wipe with JL and give it to them with a 507 error. Never had a problem with it. I did send one back BBC's V5 hybrid with a note say please have VZW testing approve this.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you not read the part about me having sent back 6 storms so far? It is a power greater than GOD to get "the perfect storm". Your gonna have to ask JLevy... he has all the good ones stowed away
    My bad Mrs. God, that's funny though. Jlevy huh? HEY JLEVY.........!:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    My bad Mrs. God, that's funny though. Jlevy huh? HEY JLEVY.........!:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:
    Oh yeah going on #6, just joy joy over here.

Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Oh yeah going on #6, just joy joy over here.
    You have them hidden under your cloak.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    You have them hidden under your cloak.
    You missy get the flag :bsflag:

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Yeah I have the good ones that don't work with BT. Besides that their fantastic. Getting my 6th replacement tomorrow.

I just wipe with JL and give it to them with a 507 error. Never had a problem with it. I did send one back BBC's V5 hybrid with a note say please have VZW testing approve this.
    Now that's some funny SH!T ! And good news too. I'm sending it back 507 baby!

Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Liked
    2 times
    lmao, thanks for the reminder mike... mine has been sitting in its box to send back for a couple weeks now

Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    lmao, thanks for the reminder mike... mine has been sitting in its box to send back for a couple weeks now
    Yikes! You have 10 days to send it back or they charge you full price...mfg:

Liked
    2 times
    :angryfire: i guess i am in trouble

Liked
    2 times
    i just got off the phone from them, they are sending me another label (told them i misplaced it) and if by chance they charge me... they will end up crediting it when they get the phone :banana:

EDIT: oh and it takes 30-45 days to process the return so they might not even realize
    Last edited by Laney; 06-01-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    i just got off the phone from them, they are sending me another label (told them i misplaced it) and if by chance they charge me... they will end up crediting it when they get the phone :banana:
    Thank goodness. Nothing would hurt worse than paying full price for a phone that they have a BOGO deal on.

Liked
    2 times
    thanks for the heads up nikki, you might have just saved me alot of money

Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for the heads up nikki, you might have just saved me alot of money
    No problem

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

When I returned my device(s)

First one went back with .83 loaded on. Heard nothing..

Next ones I wiped with JL and reloaded with .76 and didn't reload my data.

Nothing personal on the device at all.

Your safe with doing a wipe with jl but put an OS on it.
    Last edited by smcoldbb; 06-01-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Laney you are a risk taker. But with vzw, in my opinion they have the most fair and great customer service and will make sure that you see a satisfied customer.