Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 49 to 56 of 61

Thread: Flick Scrolling

  1. #49
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140 Querky but alot better
    Posts
    36

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Flick scrolling is when for example you are scrolling thru your contacts, you lift your finger and it keeps scrolling and then slowly stops....Right now when you scroll, as soon as you lift your finger, it stops scrolling. Try accelodex (free trial) and you will get a good idea It would be very nice to have on the storm
    Oh so it is like my Voyager/Env Touch.. Gotcha.. Thanks For the Info though. Will give it a shot.



  2. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by mrolfe View Post
    Oh so it is like my Voyager/Env Touch.. Gotcha.. Thanks For the Info though. Will give it a shot.
    Isn't it funny that dumbphones have it and storm doesn't

  3. #51
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140 Querky but alot better
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Isn't it funny that dumbphones have it and storm doesn't
    I bought the Curve at first on a saturday and by Sunday I bricked it and got it swapped out.. Then Bricked that one and they wanted to give me another and I said No I want the Storm (for me the closest thing to the I-Phone I want but dont want ATT service) My Voyager is still and awesome phone. Touch screen on it had glitches but for the other things it is great. But Storm with all the apps makes this a far superior product



  4. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by mrolfe View Post
    I bought the Curve at first on a saturday and by Sunday I bricked it and got it swapped out.. Then Bricked that one and they wanted to give me another and I said No I want the Storm (for me the closest thing to the I-Phone I want but dont want ATT service) My Voyager is still and awesome phone. Touch screen on it had glitches but for the other things it is great. But Storm with all the apps makes this a far superior product
    I agree with you that with apps and blackberry OS (the OS, not the site ), no other phone can compare to bbs.

  5. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    PIN
    None
    Device
    Galaxy Nexus
    OS
    Android
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    36
    You know, I just don't get the hype behind Touch screens - my job requires I have "the new hotness" as it were so I can troubleshoot it, but in all honestly, if VZW gets the Onyx, and hell, even when it gets the Tour, I'm gonna take this and metaphorically shove it somewhere deep and dark where no one can ever be poisoned with it's instability ever again (i.e. sell on ebay or at work to some unsuspecting fellow for whatever I can get for it).

    I see my friends with IPhones quite often, sitting at their desks, shaking their phones for Facebook updates, using their whoopee cushion apps, and all around being tools to Apple and saying how they are so productive when they are actually, at best, counter-productive.

    I don't mind the Storm, and I've had HTC Touch/Diamond/Pro (yes, all three), got to play with a Pre a little bit, and have unfortunately played with an IPhone. I just want a big screen, with good resolution, I never half to touch, an intuitive pointing device and a keyboard, with a full web browser, and some sort of solid 3G connection most of the time. A good camera wouldn't be bad.

    I guess I just don't get "touch" devices.

    Though Flick Scrolling is cool, gimmicky kinda, but cool. Maybe someday before my Storm goes away forever.:crucified:



  6. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Servovestri View Post
    You know, I just don't get the hype behind Touch screens - my job requires I have "the new hotness" as it were so I can troubleshoot it, but in all honestly, if VZW gets the Onyx, and hell, even when it gets the Tour, I'm gonna take this and metaphorically shove it somewhere deep and dark where no one can ever be poisoned with it's instability ever again (i.e. sell on ebay or at work to some unsuspecting fellow for whatever I can get for it).

    I see my friends with IPhones quite often, sitting at their desks, shaking their phones for Facebook updates, using their whoopee cushion apps, and all around being tools to Apple and saying how they are so productive when they are actually, at best, counter-productive.

    I don't mind the Storm, and I've had HTC Touch/Diamond/Pro (yes, all three), got to play with a Pre a little bit, and have unfortunately played with an IPhone. I just want a big screen, with good resolution, I never half to touch, an intuitive pointing device and a keyboard, with a full web browser, and some sort of solid 3G connection most of the time. A good camera wouldn't be bad.

    I guess I just don't get "touch" devices.

    Though Flick Scrolling is cool, gimmicky kinda, but cool. Maybe someday before my Storm goes away forever.:crucified:

    The whole idea of a touch screen is that's how you get the big screen...with a physical keyboard, it's one size and that's it. I love storm's screen!!!

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    The whole idea of a touch screen is that's how you get the big screen...with a physical keyboard, it's one size and that's it. I love storm's screen!!!
    But seriously would it be that difficult to have flick scrolling. I mean it took BB 5 years to create this product and some obvious features were left out IMHO. Flick scrolling is one and what about a proximity sensor. Duh how hard could that be seriously RIM. But yet people have spent money and god knows how much time determining which lock program makes sense.

  8. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    The whole idea of a touch screen is that's how you get the big screen...with a physical keyboard, it's one size and that's it. I love storm's screen!!!
    But seriously would it be that difficult to have flick scrolling. I mean it took BB 5 years to create this product and some obvious features were left out IMHO. Flick scrolling is one and what about a proximity sensor. Duh how hard could that be seriously RIM. But yet people have spent money and god knows how much time determining which lock program makes sense.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •