Thread: Flick Scrolling

dfran1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Verizon 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I found a blog spot webpage for the developer(PHREHNCK)

PHREHNCK Blog

If you click the link to view his profile, there is a "Email" link so you can contact him.
    Thank You, I am in contact with him now, will see what he can do at least i understand his importing method.

jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Not all at JP. I am not ashamed to admit I had the iPhone for a year. There were things I really liked about it including flick scrolling. The big drawback for me was AT&T. Their reception just straight sucks. If it wasn't for that I may still be using it.
    Actually where I live AT&T is just as good as Verizon... and their 3G is waaaaay better than VZW. When I have 1XEV on VZW, it's just the speed of AT&T EDGE (which is way slower than their 3G). True, I didn't have AT&T 3G in as many locations as VZW 1XEV, but i DID have EDGE all the time, which is the same as the 1XEV speeds ...& when i DID have 3G it was broadband/WiFi fast!
    But now, I'm just getting off topic, I apologize

dfran1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Verizon 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, I am really trying to like this thing but...

OK today I had 4-5 dropped calls on a bridge that was going 2-5mph and my signal was bouncing 0 bars to 5 bars.
    A. What gives
    B. This .148 radio is stable but not as strong as .90, I do not think I can live with any other radio but .90. It holds calls and has stronger reception for me

I called verizon today and they said I had 22 dropped calls in 30 days and that is normal (and normal for the reception to bounce 0-5 bars?) (not for me, my previous windows mobile phone got awesome reception and maybe 2-5 dropped calls in 30 days).

Verizon passed me to blackberry on my truncated email issue and we both found out that yahoo and hotmail emails are getting truncated way sooner than it is supposed to (like I get ⅓ to ˝ of the email), he is getting back to me tomorrow or Monday after he escalates it, he was tier 2, the tier 1 guy gave up after 10min on the phone).

Any Ideas please?? Yes with the .90 code on I had to reboot the phone 2-3 times a day but reception was best?

Thanks for any help or advise.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfran1 View Post
    OK, I am really trying to like this thing but...

OK today I had 4-5 dropped calls on a bridge that was going 2-5mph and my signal was bouncing 0 bars to 5 bars.
    A. What gives
    B. This .148 radio is stable but not as strong as .90, I do not think I can live with any other radio but .90. It holds calls and has stronger reception for me

I called verizon today and they said I had 22 dropped calls in 30 days and that is normal (and normal for the reception to bounce 0-5 bars?) (not for me, my previous windows mobile phone got awesome reception and maybe 2-5 dropped calls in 30 days).

Verizon passed me to blackberry on my truncated email issue and we both found out that yahoo and hotmail emails are getting truncated way sooner than it is supposed to (like I get ⅓ to ˝ of the email), he is getting back to me tomorrow or Monday after he escalates it, he was tier 2, the tier 1 guy gave up after 10min on the phone).

Any Ideas please?? Yes with the .90 code on I had to reboot the phone 2-3 times a day but reception was best?

Thanks for any help or advise.
    Dfran have you tried any other radio besides .90 and .148? I would suggest either .132 or .109 as both of those have been great to me.

Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Liked
    1 times
    Has anyone seen the UI coming with the new PalmPre. That would be amazing on the Storm. Being able to have multiple apps open and just flick through them or flick them close, Nice.

See it here:
    Palm Pre (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews
    (Sorry, I don't know how to fit links in a thread.)

painlessone is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    v.5.0.0.328 4.2.0.128
    Liked
    0 times
    The new Palm not only has a touch screen and "Flick Scrolling", but it also has the two finger pinching and zoom feature that the iPhone has. Some of us were wondering if Apple had patented that feature, but apparently not.
    Palm executive chairman Jon Rubinstein, was Apple's senior vice president of hardware engineering and iPod division head. He seems to have brought some ideas with him for Palm.

mrolfe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140 Querky but alot better
    Liked
    0 times

Not Sure

I am not sure what you guys are calling "Flick" scrolling.... I Have found though that if you are in your SMS's you can scroll from side to side to navigate your messages.. I thought that was pretty cool... I maybe alittle behind the times I have only had this about 2 weeks now and have Updated the OS 3 times already :burnout:

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrolfe View Post
    I am not sure what you guys are calling "Flick" scrolling.... I Have found though that if you are in your SMS's you can scroll from side to side to navigate your messages.. I thought that was pretty cool... I maybe alittle behind the times I have only had this about 2 weeks now and have Updated the OS 3 times already :burnout:
    Flick scrolling is when for example you are scrolling thru your contacts, you lift your finger and it keeps scrolling and then slowly stops....Right now when you scroll, as soon as you lift your finger, it stops scrolling. Try accelodex (free trial) and you will get a good idea It would be very nice to have on the storm

PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Flick scrolling is when for example you are scrolling thru your contacts, you lift your finger and it keeps scrolling and then slowly stops....Right now when you scroll, as soon as you lift your finger, it stops scrolling. Try accelodex (free trial) and you will get a good idea It would be very nice to have on the storm
    Oh so it is like my Voyager/Env Touch.. Gotcha.. Thanks For the Info though. Will give it a shot.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Oh so it is like my Voyager/Env Touch.. Gotcha.. Thanks For the Info though. Will give it a shot.
    Isn't it funny that dumbphones have it and storm doesn't

PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Isn't it funny that dumbphones have it and storm doesn't
    I bought the Curve at first on a saturday and by Sunday I bricked it and got it swapped out.. Then Bricked that one and they wanted to give me another and I said No I want the Storm (for me the closest thing to the I-Phone I want but dont want ATT service) My Voyager is still and awesome phone. Touch screen on it had glitches but for the other things it is great. But Storm with all the apps makes this a far superior product

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    I bought the Curve at first on a saturday and by Sunday I bricked it and got it swapped out.. Then Bricked that one and they wanted to give me another and I said No I want the Storm (for me the closest thing to the I-Phone I want but dont want ATT service) My Voyager is still and awesome phone. Touch screen on it had glitches but for the other things it is great. But Storm with all the apps makes this a far superior product
    I agree with you that with apps and blackberry OS (the OS, not the site ), no other phone can compare to bbs.

Servovestri is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    None
    Device
    Galaxy Nexus
    OS
    Android
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    0 times
    You know, I just don't get the hype behind Touch screens - my job requires I have "the new hotness" as it were so I can troubleshoot it, but in all honestly, if VZW gets the Onyx, and hell, even when it gets the Tour, I'm gonna take this and metaphorically shove it somewhere deep and dark where no one can ever be poisoned with it's instability ever again (i.e. sell on ebay or at work to some unsuspecting fellow for whatever I can get for it).

I see my friends with IPhones quite often, sitting at their desks, shaking their phones for Facebook updates, using their whoopee cushion apps, and all around being tools to Apple and saying how they are so productive when they are actually, at best, counter-productive.

I don't mind the Storm, and I've had HTC Touch/Diamond/Pro (yes, all three), got to play with a Pre a little bit, and have unfortunately played with an IPhone. I just want a big screen, with good resolution, I never half to touch, an intuitive pointing device and a keyboard, with a full web browser, and some sort of solid 3G connection most of the time. A good camera wouldn't be bad.

I guess I just don't get "touch" devices.

Though Flick Scrolling is cool, gimmicky kinda, but cool. Maybe someday before my Storm goes away forever.:crucified:
    Current Device: Galaxy Nexus - Waiting for the Z10.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Servovestri View Post
    You know, I just don't get the hype behind Touch screens - my job requires I have "the new hotness" as it were so I can troubleshoot it, but in all honestly, if VZW gets the Onyx, and hell, even when it gets the Tour, I'm gonna take this and metaphorically shove it somewhere deep and dark where no one can ever be poisoned with it's instability ever again (i.e. sell on ebay or at work to some unsuspecting fellow for whatever I can get for it).

I see my friends with IPhones quite often, sitting at their desks, shaking their phones for Facebook updates, using their whoopee cushion apps, and all around being tools to Apple and saying how they are so productive when they are actually, at best, counter-productive.

I don't mind the Storm, and I've had HTC Touch/Diamond/Pro (yes, all three), got to play with a Pre a little bit, and have unfortunately played with an IPhone. I just want a big screen, with good resolution, I never half to touch, an intuitive pointing device and a keyboard, with a full web browser, and some sort of solid 3G connection most of the time. A good camera wouldn't be bad.

I guess I just don't get "touch" devices.

Though Flick Scrolling is cool, gimmicky kinda, but cool. Maybe someday before my Storm goes away forever.:crucified:

The whole idea of a touch screen is that's how you get the big screen...with a physical keyboard, it's one size and that's it. I love storm's screen!!!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    The whole idea of a touch screen is that's how you get the big screen...with a physical keyboard, it's one size and that's it. I love storm's screen!!!
    But seriously would it be that difficult to have flick scrolling. I mean it took BB 5 years to create this product and some obvious features were left out IMHO. Flick scrolling is one and what about a proximity sensor. Duh how hard could that be seriously RIM. But yet people have spent money and god knows how much time determining which lock program makes sense.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    But seriously would it be that difficult to have flick scrolling. I mean it took BB 5 years to create this product and some obvious features were left out IMHO. Flick scrolling is one and what about a proximity sensor. Duh how hard could that be seriously RIM. But yet people have spent money and god knows how much time determining which lock program makes sense.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Thanks Josh!!! Finally someone understands...Yes BBs are great, but RIM did screw up on this one....All I want is for storm to be the same quality as other bbs. And no kidding about basic features!

patches152 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Double post!!!!!!
    Ask Patches at...
    Facebook | Ask Patches

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
    Double post!!!!!!
    It was so good I had to say it twice

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    I would rather see the flick scrolling over a proximity sensor. It would be nice if you could turn the flick scrolling on and off because there is times that I wouldn't want it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast