Update PRL for BB Storm on Alltel?

Thread: Update PRL for BB Storm on Alltel?

williamsck1 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Update PRL for BB Storm on Alltel?

I know this maybe an old question but I have to ask again. Has anyone had any luck getting the PRL to stick on the BB Storm on Alltel? I know some users dont have this issue and others do. Have downloaded and pushed the PRL using QPST and all indications are that it worked. After reboot PRL reverts back to 1. I can do a *228 and have Alltel push 30045 to my Storm, but thats not a BB PRL nor is it the point. I am heading out of town and out of Alltel service area. I know PRL 1 is just about the same but I need the newest PRL for roaming onto Verizon towers.

Using QPST, running .148 Hybrid and have everything working fine.

johnnydangerous3 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    P DADDY
    Device
    Storm 9530 and Tour 9630, Both on VZW
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    You want PRL 40043 or 40048 for your BB, depending on what Alltel market you are in. It might not work on the Storm, though because it is not an Alltel phone, even though most stuff on it will work.
    Bryan's Blog, lots of good info:
    "There's a map for that!":hail:

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydangerous3 View Post
    You want PRL 40043 or 40048 for your BB, depending on what Alltel market you are in. It might not work on the Storm, though because it is not an Alltel phone, even though most stuff on it will work.
    I have tried everything under the sun to get it to take. After reboot it reverts to PRL 1. The *228 downloads 30043 and I can use it, but if I have to reboot for whatever reason, it will go back to PRL 1. Have you figured it out, or has anyone?

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I think I am getting somewhere. In the RF NV manager the it show NV_PRL_Enabled Array 0 and Array 1. Is this the possible PRL lock on it? can someone double check my work? Before I brick my phone? Thanks

Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    I am on Alltel, as of today, VZW with merger. I activated my Storm in March and had 30043 forever, however when I changed to BBC's V6 last weekend my prl went to 40050. I don't know if this has to do with the merger or not. I have not had any trouble with my storm on alltel at all.
    Crickee

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    So you have crackman v6? I am on lyricidal 148 hybrid. And yours allowed you to download 40049? Thats the current up-to-date PRL for Alltels BB's. Is Alltel officially gone from your area now and you have Verizon? Final question, when you Batt pull does your PRL got to PRL 1 now?

bimori is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

Hi

Sorry, but i'm a noob on here; I'm with Verizon, but alltell has a stronger signal in my area. How are you guys able to change your PRL to the alltell ones and get it to stick. I do a *228 but thats abt it for me!!

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bimori View Post
    Sorry, but i'm a noob on here; I'm with Verizon, but alltell has a stronger signal in my area. How are you guys able to change your PRL to the alltell ones and get it to stick. I do a *228 but thats abt it for me!!
    We are not with Verizon. Our phones have been unlocked are programed and to work on Alltel.
    Last edited by williamsck1; 06-01-2009 at 05:16 PM.

jeff0r3 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    i was considering installing v6 of cm's OS v6. I"ve never done a OS and was curious to see if it would even work on the alltel network. I won't have to worry about it long because as of July 11th I will be a verizon customer

Jeff

Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    I was with Alltel officially until Sunday when the final leg of the merger in my area took over. I have loaded all of BBC's hybrids to date successfully. I purchased my storm on ebay in March and had no trouble activating it. If you are still with alltel and you need to contact customer service, do not tell them it is a storm, or they will not help you. Tell them it is another bb model that alltel uses, and they will help you.

Since Sunday, I have had internet issues and was thinking it was the OS. I had v6 90 loaded before Sunday and had reboots, so I replaced that with v6 148, I was still having issues, so I loaded the 132 radio file and I am still having internet issues. I think I am going to call VZW tonight and see if they can help. I have not had these issues up to this point. After everything I have changed, it may be VZW and not my OS. I will post anything I learn.
    Crickee