PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    [/B]
    It's not a click screen so there shouldn't be a gap at all for dust to get in.
    Seeing is believing.

PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Seeing is believing.
    True dat!

Device
    Storm 9530
    First Storm I had, I sealed the edges of screen with silicone, worked great.
    Had second one now since Feb and didn't seal screen because it was supposedly "fixed" by RIM, and I have no dust under screen.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrZoSo View Post
    First Storm I had, I sealed the edges of screen with silicone, worked great.
    Had second one now since Feb and didn't seal screen because it was supposedly "fixed" by RIM, and I have no dust under screen.
    That's awesome...I think some are better than others. I had one that had dust right out of the box! That wasn't good!

PIN
    NA
    Device
    Guys, I posted this over at CB a while back. My dust repelent method is foolproof but does require disassembly. You can check out the video at CNN.cn and its fairly easy to do. I have taken apart a Curve, a Bold and now my Storm. Its not terribly hard but if you are forceful and not careful, you can damage it.

Anyway, I showed my first Storm to a couple of our IT guys and they knew immediately how to fix it. After I got my second one, I wanted to make sure it stayed perfect.

CircuitSealer<sup>TM</sup> Pen, #CS100P

I went out and purchased some of this at my local Frys Electronics. It is basically a super glue type substance that is non-corrosive and will do no harm to any circuit or electronic part like our beloved Storm's screen. the great thing is it is in a pen form and this makes it nearly impossible to mess up the application.

I disassembled the Storm and got the LCD out. I then took the pen and sealed the edges all the way around. I placed it aside for about an hour and came back and used a razor blade to scrape away the excess. It sounds dangerous but its not. Afterwards I reassembled and I was good to go.

I have had this Storm for a while now and used it daily in and out of my pants pocket without a case. I get all kinds of dust all over it, around the keys, in the battery compartment and screen edges. I have to blow it out occasionally but I still do not have a spec of dust under the screen. I am very confident that the sealing it the reason.

I think I should start a business and do this for people. I probably could make some money.
    Last edited by awtryau89; 05-26-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post
    Guys, I posted this over at CB a while back. My dust repelent method is foolproof but does require disassembly. You can check out the video at CNN.cn and its fairly easy to do. I have taken apart a Curve, a Bold and now my Storm. Its not terribly hard but if you are forceful and not careful, you can damage it.

Anyway, I showed my first Storm to a couple of our IT guys and they knew immediately how to fix it. After I got my second one, I wanted to make sure it stayed perfect.

I went out and purchased some of this at my local Frys Electronics. It is basically a super glue type substance that is non-corrosive and will do no harm to any circuit or electronic part like our beloved Storm's screen. the great thing is it is in a pen form and this makes it nearly impossible to mess up the application.

I disassembled the Storm and got the LCD out. I then took the pen and sealed the edges all the way around. I placed it aside for about an hour and came back and used a razor blade to scrape away the excess. It sounds dangerous but its not. Afterwards I reassembled and I was good to go.

I have had this Storm for a while now and used it daily in and out of my pants pocket without a case. I get all kinds of dust all over it, around the keys, in the battery compartment and screen edges. I have to blow it out occasionally but I still do not have a spec of dust under the screen. I am very confident that the sealing it the reason.

I think I should start a business and do this for people. I probably could make some money.

How much you charge LOL

great post sounds tempting to give it a shot

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Wirelessly posted

It does sound tempting...but just know if you dissassemble the storm, it voids warranty.

Device
    Storm 9530
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

It does sound tempting...but just know if you dissassemble the storm, it voids warranty.
    Not if your careful, I disassembled my first one to seal it

Quote Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post

Funny, I have one of those pens from when I was overclocking one of my AMD CPU's. It's great stuff.

Found a couple pics from when I sealed it.
    First one shows a rather large opening that I sealed. Plus I went around the whole edge of screen. (it's a little fuzzy, camera kept focusing on cloth below, lol)
    Lower image shows it compete.

Last edited by mrZoSo; 05-26-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast