Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 16

  1. #1
    d_1000's Avatar
    d_1000 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago 'Burbs †
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Posts
    322

    Problem installing DM...

    I have been having trouble re-installing my DM.

    The Installation Wizard returns the error "the wizard was interrupted before Blackberry Desktop Software could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again."

    I have tried virtually everything, but I can't seem to re-install the software. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thank you.



  2. #2
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by d_1000 View Post
    I have been having trouble re-installing my DM.

    The Installation Wizard returns the error "the wizard was interrupted before Blackberry Desktop Software could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again."

    I have tried virtually everything, but I can't seem to re-install the software. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thank you.
    Make sure the old DM has been completely removed. Go to C:/Program Files/ and delete the research in motion folder, then go to /Common Files and delete the Research In Motion folder. Reboot your PC then reinstall DM.

  3. #3
    d_1000's Avatar
    d_1000 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago 'Burbs †
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Make sure the old DM has been completely removed. Go to C:/Program Files/ and delete the research in motion folder, then go to /Common Files and delete the Research In Motion folder. Reboot your PC then reinstall DM.
    Unfortunately that did not work either.

    Thank you...please let me know if you have any other suggestions.



  4. #4
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by d_1000 View Post
    Unfortunately that did not work either.

    Thank you...please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
    What version of DM are you trying to install? I would suggest an older version or DM 5.0 and see if any of those work for you.

  5. #5
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    I would uninstall (thru add/remove programs) all OS and blackberry related everything, then reboot PC and start installing DM fresh (before installing anything else)



  6. #6
    d_1000's Avatar
    d_1000 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago 'Burbs †
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I would uninstall (thru add/remove programs) all OS and blackberry related everything, then reboot PC and start installing DM fresh (before installing anything else)
    Thanks I have tried all given suggestions and I am still getting the same error.

  7. #7
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Wirelessly posted

    Which windows are you running?

  8. #8
    d_1000's Avatar
    d_1000 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago 'Burbs †
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Which windows are you running?
    I have a Mac with Fusion and XP. It was running fine, now it is not. I did some cleaning and updating, but still no change. I am about to try 4.6, I have tried 5.0 and 4.7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •