Thread: Missing resources

Madd Maverick is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question Missing resources

I was rooting thru the event log viewer and discovered some warnings that involve (precision_zen_360x480_t), it says it is missing resources:

background_title__Landscape.png
    caret_blueglass__Landscape.png
    background_popup__Landscape.png
    background_homescreen_portrait__Landscape.png

I havent shrunk this os and dont have any themes installed. So I dont know where they got to. Does anyone have any ideas where these went or how to get them back or if they even cause any problems?

I had 148 installed when i noticed it yesterday, Gave me nothing but problems. reloaded w build a hybrid(lyricidals settings) and still have the missing resources problem.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd Maverick View Post
    I was rooting thru the event log viewer and discovered some warnings that involve (precision_zen_360x480_t), it says it is missing resources:

I havent shrunk this os and dont have any themes installed. So I dont know where they got to. Does anyone have any ideas where these went or how to get them back or if they even cause any problems?

I had 148 installed when i noticed it yesterday, Gave me nothing but problems. reloaded w build a hybrid(lyricidals settings) and still have the missing resources problem.

Have you used BBfilescout or Filemanagerpro to delete anything?

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times

PNG Files Missing

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Maverick View Post

The files to which you refer to are "png" files, otherwise known as Portable Network Graphics files. They are not resources, actually they use resources, by consuming application memory space.

An educated guess as to where they went, lies in the OS you have installed, Lyricidal Hybrid. Lyricidal and application space are in direct opposition to one another. I can say with reasonable certainty, the files were omitted to conserve application space when the OS was compilied. I would view that as a benifit from the OS, rather than a problem with "missing resources".

You ask will the files being gone cause problems, I doubt it, keeping in mind the very nature of the Storm, the only consistent feature of the device, is that the power dies when you remove the battery.

How to get them back? Install an Official Verizon OS, 65 or 75 should suffice.

Thanks for being a member of BlackberrOS, happy posting
    Last edited by cruznthru; 05-24-2009 at 08:57 PM.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Have you used BBfilescout or Filemanagerpro to delete anything?
    No I havent messed with any of that. I tried just about every leak from 113 up, and shrink a this and that, jl cmdr wipes and lifts and tucks and all the hybrids. Finally just wiped the phone and started at .65, then did the OTA to .75 to start over fresh. Then reloaded 132, then the 141 came out didnt try that cause of the lock issues, 148 came out, tried it nothing but problems, and this is when I finally noticed the warnings and errors galore in the event log and these missing resources. then i did the build an os thing from Lyricidal and went with his settings. Had to put the other phone on straight 132, its the only thing that really works with it. but it also shows the same errors and resource problems on that phone and it has only been tested with straight leaks no hybrids.

So Ive got 2 phones with the same problem and one has never seen a Lyricidal hybrid, so any other thoughts?

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    [QUOTE=cruznthru;30930] keeping in mind the very nature of the Storm, the only consistent feature of the device, is that the power dies when you remove the battery.
    [QUOTE]

Priceless. thanx for the file info but i dont think lyricidal had anything to do with it. In light of the fact we r supposedly getting an official ota on sunday i will reload the non hybridized phone to .75 and see if they miraculously re-appear. Ive played enough with this phone to realize that when im changing"os" im not replacing all the files that are actually in the phone. Think about it when that little screen says "507 error" there has to be something in there that stays behind to make it do that. And these are the files that I think are screwed up in my phones.
    Last edited by Madd Maverick; 05-30-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: somethin to do