9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times

Crackutil Not Seeing Device

Hello Team,

In trying to fix the v148 flicker when using QL I am having difficulty in connecting to Crackutil. My DM connects and opperates but when I open Crackutil (as administrator) for Vista with no password I get the following message:

"Password Incorrect or Phone not connected
    Please restart Program"

Having done this and even removing the utility and reinstalling I am experiencing the same results. Other actions: After reinstall restarted computer, connected to DM to confirm system see the device (all good).

Vista 64 system.
    Older XP sytem no problem but defeats the purpose of having a newer system.

Any suggestions......Thanks

P. Blakeney

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times
    Quick answer, Battery Pull 30sec minimum..reconnect after boot..lets start there
    Last edited by cruznthru; 05-24-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Quick answer, Battery Pull 30sec minimum..reconnect after boot..lets start there
    Sorry for the delay in responding. Had to do some yard work before the BBQ...

Now that I am back the quick fix did not do the trick and same response from opening up Crackutil. What I could do is wait until BBC comes out with version 6 Hybrid and get the fix through there if no other option. I will also change themes to see if this is present in all or just the one I am now running.
    P. Blakeney

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pblakeney View Post

Now that I am back the quick fix did not do the trick and same response from opening up Crackutil. What I could do is wait until BBC comes out with version 6 Hybrid and get the fix through there if no other option. I will also change themes to see if this is present in all or just the one I am now running.
    I was under the impression the new update for QL fixes the flicker? Have you updated yet?

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Bmtenney, you are correct. QuickLaunch 1.5 update was released and it fixed the flickering issue.

Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    I was under the impression the new update for QL fixes the flicker? Have you updated yet?
    Yep,

I have updated the QL but have flicker with one of the themes and just loaded another theme to confirm. In the process of doing this now.

Just uploaded Rellims new Wolverine and no flicker. So the one flicker issue I was experiencing was with that particular theme which is an older one I had from Pinstack. However the not connecting to Crackutil is still an issue.
    P. Blakeney

Liked
    7 times
    Yep,

I have updated the QL but have flicker with one of the themes and just loaded another theme to confirm. In the process of doing this now.

Just uploaded Rellims new Wolverine and no flicker. So the one flicker issue I was experiencing was with that particular theme which is an older one I had from Pinstack. However the not connecting to Crackutil is still an issue.
    Ok PB let me see if we have tired everything just to be sure

You have selected run as admin on crackutil
    when the password box comes up (I forget the buttons) but have you clicked OK and cancel and still get the same result?
    You have rebooted the phone and the PC and still doesn't work
    You have uninstalled and reinstalled crackutil and still doesn't work

I am seeing if I can find an answer for you

Liked
    7 times
    Also is your computer seeing your phone when you plug it in?

Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times

Don't think it's going to be a problem with the device. From what I've read it's an issue with Vista and CracKUtil.

Try this, Uninstall crackutil, reboot the computer. Reinstall crackutil to any location other than "program files", after install you will still need to right click, check box run as administrator. Keep us posted...

Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Don't think it's going to be a problem with the device. From what I've read it's an issue with Vista and CracKUtil.

Try this, Uninstall crackutil, reboot the computer. Reinstall crackutil to any location other than "program files", after install you will still need to right click, check box run as administrator. Keep us posted...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Also is your computer seeing your phone when you plug it in?
    Yes my systems sees the device and no problem with DM and any of it's actions. I also did all of the suggestions from Cruzin but no go. Will keep you two posted if anything changes after tonight.

I believe it is an issue with Vista and Crackutil. I do not have this issue with my other system running XP.

Thanks for your help.
    P. Blakeney

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Yes my systems sees the device and no problem with DM and any of it's actions. I also did all of the suggestions from Cruzin but no go. Will keep you two posted if anything changes after tonight.

I believe it is an issue with Vista and Crackutil. I do not have this issue with my other system running XP.

Thanks for your help.
    I think you may have to use Crackmem and Crackutil and Vista don't play nice. I think Shane may have a work around for it. Will have him take a look at this and get back to you.

nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    I have Vista and chronically have this problem. As cruz has stated, I have to reboot my computer before using crackutil or it will not recognize that the phone is connected..., I tried using crackmem but it doesn't wipe my device and I can't get JLcmdr to work at all.

Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    I have Vista and chronically have this problem. As cruz has stated, I have to reboot my computer before using crackutil or it will not recognize that the phone is connected..., I tried using crackmem but it doesn't wipe my device and I can't get JLcmdr to work at all.
    Do you have JL Commander installed?

Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    I tried using Crackutil for device wipe but it did not do the function so, I loaded JLcmdr and all worked fine. Did experience some apps that did not reload from the app backup process but I have gotten over the pain of that experience and painfully went through and reloaded all the missing apps.

I will await word on a work around for the Crack system utilities not working with Vista. At this point not a big issue but don't want to have to keep rebooting in order to get it to see my device. And in this case this did not work for me at all. Very touchy....very touchy...

Thanks to all for your help and support on this.
    P. Blakeney

mrZoSo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    It works just fine in Vista. Make sure DM isn't running before using CrackUtil, sometimes 2 of the processes get hung up.
    Check for these Processes in Task Manager, if you see them, highlight them and click on End Process, then try CrackUtil.

BbDevMgr.exe
    RIMDeviceManager.exe
    mrZő§ő

terribL_T is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow terribL_T On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Latest & Greatest
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by mrZoSo
    It works just fine in Vista. Make sure DM isn't running before using CrackUtil, sometimes 2 of the processes get hung up.
    Check for these Processes in Task Manager, if you see them, highlight them and click on End Process, then try CrackUtil.

BbDevMgr.exe
    RIMDeviceManager.exe
    +1

terribL_T is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow terribL_T On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Latest & Greatest
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Closing DM and running as admin. is the key.

Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrZoSo View Post

BbDevMgr.exe
    RIMDeviceManager.exe
    Did all of that and did not run both at the same time. Will look in TM to confirm DM is not running.

Thanks..
    P. Blakeney

ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Liked
    4 times
    Two questions about CrackUtil:
    1) Is anyone other than me unable to wipe the event log on their Storm? I'm running XP SP3. I can view the event log but it will not wipe it. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and if anyone found a work-around for it (other than using JLCmdr).
    2) When Retrieving a File Listing on the 2nd tab, is there any way to capture that list so it can be pasted into a post or email, etc.?

Just wondering...

Thank guys.