Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Thanks, Like I said, I am interested to see if there is correlation between OS and sound quality.

Device
    Black Berry Storm (9530)
    OS
    4.7.0.114 HYBRID
    If this is any help--I've had the same issue out-of-the-box with whichever version VZW now ships with. Updates haven't done much in that aspect.

Life is cruel. :P

Device
    PlayBook
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by atieonfire View Post
    If this is any help--I've had the same issue out-of-the-box with whichever version VZW now ships with. Updates haven't done much in that aspect.

Life is cruel. :P
    It seems that for me it's an on and off issue. I'm going to wait for BBCman's release of his new OS, then I'll be able to see if the mic quality is any better.

Tonight I'm also going to do some sound checks on my BB Storm with my wife's phone.

Device
    PlayBook
    OS
    Well, after downgrading back to the .75 OS from my .109 I figured out that it is a hardware issue with the phone. Luckily I had insurance and I sent in for a new phone. I guess this isn't the first time it has happened to someone.

Device
    People were always complaining that they couldn't hear me until i figured out that I was holding the phone too low on my cheek. The mic can't pic up your voice unless you hold it above your mouth. I was used to the 8130's smaller stature and always held it more vertical from my ear. Now that I corrected that problem, everybody can hear me loud and clear.

PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Quote Originally Posted by Klypr View Post
    People were always complaining that they couldn't hear me until i figured out that I was holding the phone too low on my cheek. The mic can't pic up your voice unless you hold it above your mouth. I was used to the 8130's smaller stature and always held it more vertical from my ear. Now that I corrected that problem, everybody can hear me loud and clear.
    i had a similar issue at first, cause i usually hold the bottom of the phone away from my cheek more. and the plcement of the mic and where i hold my hand people say i sound muffled and somewhat quiet, put it closer and my problem was fixed

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I had the issue with a brand new "replacement phone" from Asurion. I called to have the phone replaced and no longer have the issue. I was told some Storms have had actual hardware issues with the microphone, and it's not OS related.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by j2773 View Post
    I had the issue with a brand new "replacement phone" from Asurion. I called to have the phone replaced and no longer have the issue. I was told some Storms have had actual hardware issues with the microphone, and it's not OS related.
    That's the good thing with insurance. If your phone is having issues just get it replaced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast