Thread: Battery life not displaying correctly

c0Ld is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Battery life not displaying correctly

I'm on .148 and just got a new extended battery, and the life isn't displaying correctly as I try to drain it for its first power cycle. Meterberry tells me how much it has left after a battery pull, but while it is running it does not update. Can I expect this to fix itself after a full cycle, or is this a fault of the battery and/or OS?

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by c0Ld View Post
    I'm on .148 and just got a new extended battery, and the life isn't displaying correctly as I try to drain it for its first power cycle. Meterberry tells me how much it has left after a battery pull, but while it is running it does not update. Can I expect this to fix itself after a full cycle, or is this a fault of the battery and/or OS?
    Cold I ran into this when I installed .148 I actually had to delete and re install meterberry for it to start picking up again. I tried 4 battery pulls and it would not show my memory numbers. Once I re installed Meterberry again it worked just fine. I would try that and see if that solves your problem

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    It displayed correctly with my stock battery, but I'll try it anyway. Thanks for the suggestion

Liked
    7 times

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    It's updating the % again! I won't know if it's accurate or not for awhile, but at least it's doing something now! Thanks

Edit: By the way, I must say that the Siedio 2600mAh battery is already impressing me. I've been trying to drain this thing since 2pm by playing videos with bluetooth on and AIM connected, and it's still going. It only shipped at 30% too!

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by c0Ld View Post
    It's updating the % again! I won't know if it's accurate or not for awhile, but at least it's doing something now! Thanks
    Glad it worked for you Cold