Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Device
    Verizon 9530 (S
    OS
    5.0.0.484 (Platform
    One other thing that can extend or shorten the amount of time of startups are the various databases that the Blackberry uses. For example:

1. Call logs
    2. Email(s) and email accounts
    3. Event logs
    4. SMS
    5. MMS
    6. Outbox folder for SMS, MMS, Email, etc....

The blackberry accesses all of these things at startup. So if you send/receive emails and sms', and haven't cleared out any of the emails and other databases, then it can extend out the amount of time it takes for your BB to boot up.

Regards,
    Statustray

PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    That is great info! I was wondering the same thing as mine takes a long time to boot up as well. Has since I picked it up.

~t

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Regardless of OS version mine has always been in the 4:30-5:15 range for bootup. Aside from Talk Lock & Buzz Me I have nothing else that starts at boot up.. While I do have quite a few apps installed (free mem ranges from low 30s to low 20s) only those two are loaded at startup. I usually purge the event log, SMS/MMS folders, Missed Calls and Call Log folders regularly as well as Browser cache, etc. and while it helps reclaim memory at times it has never decreased boot time sadly.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    The long boot up time is also due to the fact that Qualcomm's chipset is antiquated. Since VZW uses CDMA they are limited in what chip they can use. GSM providers get a whole slew of chips to choose from and depending on the clock speed typically boot up faster as they are better than what qualcomm has to offer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12