Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Yes, I can side with you guys: .132 was a really strong and good radio!!! And you know, since I gotta have the latest and the greatest, I loaded .148.....so far it's great too, but if any issues arise, back to .132 will I go

tamara is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    thank you everyone for helping me.
    So how can up upgrade and where do I find said upgrades?

I am in Manitoba Canada and my service provider is MTS (Manitoba Telephone Service) if that helps you out at all.

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help me out. Will try the headphone trick now and see if I can get it fixed!

~t

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamara View Post

I am in Manitoba Canada and my service provider is MTS (Manitoba Telephone Service) if that helps you out at all.

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help me out. Will try the headphone trick now and see if I can get it fixed!

~t
    OH Boy! Looks like you guys are about to create another addict!
    Tamara, first please report back on the headphone issue. You might need to replace that unit if the trick doesn't work.
    THEN - these guys/gals are very capable in stepping you through an upgrade of your operating system. Good luck and welcome to BlackBerry Addiction.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM

~t
    Click on the guide in my signature: it has all the steps you need to take and all links to the most current OS available!!! Good luck and feel free to ask questions

tamara is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    LOL Yes you are right! I am already addicted and I don't even know what I am doing yet! Who needs a life anyways?!?!

Tried the headphone trick and no luck again. I had also heard about someone taking the cotton off the end of a Q Tip and inserting it into the headphone jack too but I am a little leery of starting to do stuff like that. Shouldn't have to in my opinion.

ugh~

~t

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    LOL Yes you are right! I am already addicted and I don't even know what I am doing yet! Who needs a life anyways?!?!

Tried the headphone trick and no luck again. I had also heard about someone taking the cotton off the end of a Q Tip and inserting it into the headphone jack too but I am a little leery of starting to do stuff like that. Shouldn't have to in my opinion.

ugh~

~t
    If the jack is broken, I would suggest replacing the phone....and yes the addiction is great....

Ask away, we are here to help

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Tamara -

Step1.
    Another thing to try is, while listening to music with headphone, press the BlackBerry button (second from left bottom button) and cycle through the activate handset and activate speakerphone choices. This should change the audio output respectively. Then pull the headphone out. Now close your media player and see if the audio on your phone has been corrected.
    Also, while on a call (using your headphone of course) press the speaker selection on your screen and cycle it between headset and speaker.
    Step 2. Call MTS

Oh, and this same issue as reported on yet another BB related site...seems you are definitely not alone.

"...the phone got stock in headset mode (thinking you have a wired headset plugged into the headphone port). You need to plug a headset in, listen to something, like the babylon AD trailer and pull it out. The phone will then go back into handset mode. If it doesnt work right away try it a few times with differnt variations of pulling the headset out etc.. Mine is fine now."
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-21-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Click on the guide in my signature: it has all the steps you need to take and all links to the most current OS available!!! Good luck and feel free to ask questions
    If Tamara and the BBOS team decide to update the OS and happen to need to reinstall her original OS at some point, please be advised that there is an OFFICIAL MTS RELEASE of .122 which can be downloaded from the BB website. http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast