Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple of Issues: Headphones/phone use and browser/IM

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    LOL - I think .122 was one of the less acceptable OS released. Hopefully some of you can help Tamara upgrade to something better....148 is looking pretty good and .132 also performed admirably. I'll leave it in your most capable hands.
    That and .114 were my least favorites. Either .l32 or .148 would probably be the best I am leaning towards .132 since it's still a little too early to tell if .148 is a keeper.

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tamara View Post
    As I stated in my intro I am a BB Rookie in every sense of the word. I have had my new Storm for just over a week and am already experiencing some problems and I am curious if they are common or if I need to return my phone.

Firstly, when plugging in my earphones last weekend to check out my music the phone ended up stuck on head set. I have not been able to use the phone since without having to plug my earphones in. I have tried pulling the battery, plugging and unplugging the earphones repeatedly and a few other things and I am at a loss. Kind of frustrating when you can't use your phone! LOL.

This morning it hasn't been communicating with the server and I am unable to IM or get on my browser. I called MTS and was advised to pull my battery. Is this common? Should one really have to pull the battery and reboot with a new phone so often?

Thanks!
    Tamara
    Hello Tamara,
    Regarding your headphone issue. Here's a solution for your problem that worked for another Storm user. Worth a try, I suspect.
    Hope this fixes the problem for you.

Originally Posted by thetruth
    Problem Solved!!!!! What I had to do to get the call audio working again, is I made a call with the headphones plugged in. During the call, I unplugged the headphones and now I am able to make call through the phone

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Nice find Toy, thanks!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    That and .114 were my least favorites. Either .l32 or .148 would probably be the best I am leaning towards .132 since it's still a little too early to tell if .148 is a keeper.
    Yes, .132 is being happily used by many. I ran it until yesterday for three weeks without a single problem. (Of course, I couldn't resist loading up .148 but so far, no real difference).

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Yes, I can side with you guys: .132 was a really strong and good radio!!! And you know, since I gotta have the latest and the greatest, I loaded .148.....so far it's great too, but if any issues arise, back to .132 will I go

tamara is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you everyone for helping me.
    So how can up upgrade and where do I find said upgrades?

I am in Manitoba Canada and my service provider is MTS (Manitoba Telephone Service) if that helps you out at all.

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help me out. Will try the headphone trick now and see if I can get it fixed!

~t

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

I am in Manitoba Canada and my service provider is MTS (Manitoba Telephone Service) if that helps you out at all.

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help me out. Will try the headphone trick now and see if I can get it fixed!

~t
    OH Boy! Looks like you guys are about to create another addict!
    Tamara, first please report back on the headphone issue. You might need to replace that unit if the trick doesn't work.
    THEN - these guys/gals are very capable in stepping you through an upgrade of your operating system. Good luck and welcome to BlackBerry Addiction.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times

~t
    Click on the guide in my signature: it has all the steps you need to take and all links to the most current OS available!!! Good luck and feel free to ask questions

PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    LOL Yes you are right! I am already addicted and I don't even know what I am doing yet! Who needs a life anyways?!?!

Tried the headphone trick and no luck again. I had also heard about someone taking the cotton off the end of a Q Tip and inserting it into the headphone jack too but I am a little leery of starting to do stuff like that. Shouldn't have to in my opinion.

ugh~

~t

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    LOL Yes you are right! I am already addicted and I don't even know what I am doing yet! Who needs a life anyways?!?!

Tried the headphone trick and no luck again. I had also heard about someone taking the cotton off the end of a Q Tip and inserting it into the headphone jack too but I am a little leery of starting to do stuff like that. Shouldn't have to in my opinion.

ugh~

~t
    If the jack is broken, I would suggest replacing the phone....and yes the addiction is great....

Ask away, we are here to help

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Tamara -

Step1.
    Another thing to try is, while listening to music with headphone, press the BlackBerry button (second from left bottom button) and cycle through the activate handset and activate speakerphone choices. This should change the audio output respectively. Then pull the headphone out. Now close your media player and see if the audio on your phone has been corrected.
    Also, while on a call (using your headphone of course) press the speaker selection on your screen and cycle it between headset and speaker.
    Step 2. Call MTS

Oh, and this same issue as reported on yet another BB related site...seems you are definitely not alone.

"...the phone got stock in headset mode (thinking you have a wired headset plugged into the headphone port). You need to plug a headset in, listen to something, like the babylon AD trailer and pull it out. The phone will then go back into handset mode. If it doesnt work right away try it a few times with differnt variations of pulling the headset out etc.. Mine is fine now."
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-21-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Click on the guide in my signature: it has all the steps you need to take and all links to the most current OS available!!! Good luck and feel free to ask questions
    If Tamara and the BBOS team decide to update the OS and happen to need to reinstall her original OS at some point, please be advised that there is an OFFICIAL MTS RELEASE of .122 which can be downloaded from the BB website. http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    If Tamara and the BBOS team decide to update the OS and happen to need to reinstall her original OS at some point, please be advised that there is an OFFICIAL MTS RELEASE of .122 which can be downloaded from the BB website. http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp
    Thanks

PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. I tried the headset again and still nothing.
    I have talked to MTS about this and will likely have to take my phone in and maybe replace.

I went through the instructions for upgrading but I am a little worried about doing it...dont' want to screw anything up. lol I will have to sit down when I have time and give it a try tho!

~t

PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for that link Olta...it may come in handy!

Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Liked
    2 times
    if you are going to have to get your phone replaced i would suggest thinking about holding off on the upgrade as you should be returning the phone with the operating system released by your provider.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    if you are going to have to get your phone replaced i would suggest thinking about holding off on the upgrade as you should be returning the phone with the operating system released by your provider.
    +1 Do not upgrade the phone if you might have to send it back in

PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Excellent point. I will hold off until I find out.

Have a great weekend everyone!

~t

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Excellent point. I will hold off until I find out.

Have a great weekend everyone!

~t
    Your welcome and thanks you have a good one too

PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Unfortunately my phone is still not working properly, I have tried everything to get it to come off of headset. Needless to say I am heading into the city on Wednesday to see what the service provider is going to do about it. Will hold off on my upgrade until I get it all figured out.

Thanks for trying!

~t

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast