police scanner app for the storm?
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: police scanner app for the storm?

  1. #1
    k20vteck20's Avatar
    k20vteck20 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    illinois
    Device
    9530 aka storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    0 times

    police scanner app for the storm?

    i was wondering is there a police scanner app for the storm i know they have one for the iphone




  2. #2
    Johnny-5's Avatar
    Johnny-5 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Constantly Changing so lost track!?!
    Posts
    400
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by k20vteck20 View Post
    i was wondering is there a police scanner app for the storm i know they have one for the iphone
    I dont think there is one.

  3. #3
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by k20vteck20 View Post
    i was wondering is there a police scanner app for the storm i know they have one for the iphone
    Really the iPhone has one?? That alone might be worth switching over to iPhone. If I get one more ticket I am going to have to spend 30 days in State Farm jail lol

  4. #4
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by k20vteck20 View Post
    i was wondering is there a police scanner app for the storm i know they have one for the iphone
    You can try this one

    Police Scanner for Blackberry

  5. #5
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    I remember reading some where, that someone put there police scanner on their home network and used orb to get it on their phone, it wont help outside the home well, but that is possible lol

  6. #6
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times

  7. #7
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    You can try this one

    Police Scanner for Blackberry
    Wow nice find Crackman! :fing02:

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    I am going to see if Mule will let me borrow his :lmao:

  9. #9
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Nice find BBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Wow nice find Crackman! :fing02:
    Thanks guys!

  10. #10
    k20vteck20's Avatar
    k20vteck20 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    illinois
    Device
    9530 aka storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    You can try this one

    Police Scanner for Blackberry
    awesome i got it to work thanks......i love this website you guys are so much help and this site also got me to love my storm alot more past this week there is so much helpful ppl on this site

  11. #11
    mule0331's Avatar
    mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I am going to see if Mule will let me borrow his :lmao:
    LOL!!! I actually had this running last night on shift. The only thing I noticed that there is a 15 to 20 second delay between when I talk on the radio and it comes over the phone. But cool find!!!

  12. #12
    spepi is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mansfield MA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.148 (PL 4.0.0.181)
    Posts
    84
    Liked
    0 times
    Wish I could use this...my local Police are on a 900mhz frequency, so you need a special scanner

  13. #13
    rasputin's Avatar
    rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kentwood, Michigan
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Posts
    405
    Liked
    0 times
    hmmm my town isnt on there.. theres a web page i can use for my puter but cant get the bb browser or opera to load the stream ;(

  14. #14
    SUPERSPORT25 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    I dont know about a police scanner but I saw Trapster in Top Downloads in App World for the 9530. It got a good rating and it alerts you as you approach speed traps, red light cameras, and speed cameras.

  15. #15
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    LOL!!! I actually had this running last night on shift. The only thing I noticed that there is a 15 to 20 second delay between when I talk on the radio and it comes over the phone. But cool find!!!
    Let me know when the delay is under a second lol. Thanks mule for the info.

  16. #16
    mule0331's Avatar
    mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT25 View Post
    I dont know about a police scanner but I saw Trapster in Top Downloads in App World for the 9530. It got a good rating and it alerts you as you approach speed traps, red light cameras, and speed cameras.
    IMO, trapster isnt worth the download. understandingly, I had to give it a shot. I dont find it to be very reliable. The information that it feeds you is based off disgruntled people who have taken the time to input the information. I viewed the "hot spots" listed for my city, and the "high enforcement zones" listed were way off. I almost get the impression that people input stuff at the first sign of a cop, rather than enforcement trends. Another entry is the I'm pissed that I got a ticket, so this area must be a speedtrap posters, again, not verry accurate. Lastly I checked the listings for cameras around my area, and again, wrong info. Peole are mistaking the opticom system on the lights (allows us to change the light from within the cars) for cameras. It's a wasted drain on your phone's battery, because its constantly using your phones GPS, and it's not gonna save you for the most part. Again these are only my humble professional opinions, lol.

  17. #17
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    IMO, trapster isnt worth the download. understandingly, I had to give it a shot. I dont find it to be very reliable. The information that it feeds you is based off disgruntled people who have taken the time to input the information. I viewed the "hot spots" listed for my city, and the "high enforcement zones" listed were way off. I almost get the impression that people input stuff at the first sign of a cop, rather than enforcement trends. Another entry is the I'm pissed that I got a ticket, so this area must be a speedtrap posters, again, not verry accurate. Lastly I checked the listings for cameras around my area, and again, wrong info. Peole are mistaking the opticom system on the lights (allows us to change the light from within the cars) for cameras. It's a wasted drain on your phone's battery, because its constantly using your phones GPS, and it's not gonna save you for the most part. Again these are only my humble professional opinions, lol.

    Thanks Mule good to have an insider on this matter

  18. #18
    malsadig is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    114
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times

    Scanner

    You guys should check out ota.bbscanner.com. Storm friendly 9550/9530. just go to it from you storm. Enjoy!

  19. #19
    mrmojr1's Avatar
    mrmojr1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stokesdale, NC
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 1
    OS
    .591 COVERED WITH A "BRID"
    Posts
    101
    Liked
    0 times
    lyric had one in one of his latest hybrids i have it and i listen to scanners all over the world its a really cool app,its either in his .692 or .699

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •