Thread: disabling PIN messaging

RenegateBB is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

disabling PIN messaging

Hi all. I took my unlocked Verizon 9530 to Russia. It works fine with text and phone calls but internet is another issue. Can run google maps and Opera but cant use the built in browser as the service books are not updated. Also cant install any programs from the web as they require running the BB browser which refuses to run. I went to the local carrier Beeline to hook my phone to their BB service and hit a snag. In russia BB phones are forbidden from using PIN messaging, as soon as the service tech saw that my PIN was enabled he turned me around. Is there a way to disable PIN messaging so it doesn't appear in the list of options when hitting 'new message' button?
    Thanks
    9530 with official 5.0.0.328 OS

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Good morning RenegateBB,

If I understand what your asking, then open BB messenger, and go to options. Down near the bottom you will see an option "Show Chats in Message Application" Make sure this is unchecked and save.

Hope this helps...you may have to delete prior messages in your message application. Let us know if this did the trick

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjamie View Post
    Good morning RenegateBB,

If I understand what your asking, then open BB messenger, and go to options. Down near the bottom you will see an option "Show Chats in Message Application" Make sure this is unchecked and save.

Hope this helps...you may have to delete prior messages in your message application. Let us know if this did the trick
    Actually what I mean is completely disabling PIN messaging. When you go to messaging and select new message you are given a list of choices SMS, MMS, PIN, email, etc. I would like to do something that will remove PIN as an option from that list. Is it possible?

teostar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow teostar On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    1015/latest hybrid
    Liked
    9 times
    I dont think disabling "pin messages" is possible. Once you have BIS/BES pin messages can be recieved, I think. But Im no expert, at best you can remove BBM from the device and Not give out your pin to anyone.

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    I agreewith teostar, short of deleting bbm from your device your stuck with it...and even then, pin messaging may still come up.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1503 times
    Yea, the PIN is the fingerprint of the BlackBerry.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Well somehow PIN messaging was removed from the BB phones that are sold in Russia.

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Renegate,

Try the following link. Joe is right when he stated above that the PIN is the fingerprint of your device and the number is unique to that device only. I have not heard of anyone treying to remove their PIN, so please remember your doing this at your own risk only and that I really don't recommend you doing it. I also don't know of any effect this is going to have on your device as far as functionality goes.

Atomichelix OpenPGP for BlackBerry - Tutorials - Sending an Encrypted PIN Message

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1503 times
    Could it also be a counterfeit BlackBerry? Wasn't there a copycat device that was release from China a few years ago?

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    Could it also be a counterfeit BlackBerry? Wasn't there a copycat device that was release from China a few years ago?
    Yeah there were several. The most common one was the "Blockberry", cloned for pretty much each device RIM has. Another Chinese knockoff is the Tianxin, which looks like the Storm knockoff.

I don't think Renegate is dealing with a knockoff though because of the issue with the pin number. China can copy only so much of the bb before they're screwed and a secure pin unique to RIM would put an end to it right there.