I was extremely close on throwing my Storm out the Window today!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I was extremely close on throwing my Storm out the Window today!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    When pushed to the point of wanting to throw your storm, is it a requirement to use a "Storm Window?"

Johnny-5 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Constantly Changing so lost track!?!
    Liked
    0 times
    So heres the latest....I have a spare Storm that I had lying around and decided to play doctor with my phones. Ive created a Frankinstein Storm mis-matching parts from one another and finally got my damn phone working again!! I spent about 5 hours on this damn phone and reloading OS's, etc.

Well at least Im up and running again. Time to call VZ and request a new one so I can put my spare back together!! :chairshot:

EvanG is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    305FE58F
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post
    I guess i'm the lucky one, going from a regular phone to a blackberry and a storm at that for my first one. I had no expectactions on how it shoud act or how it performed compaired to other bberrys. Never have used a trackball before so no trouble getting use to the touch screen "have had touch screens before and the storm is nicer"
    Ha.... so I guess no expectations = more patience and a better experience :banana:
    Im going to have to agree... ive never owned a BB untill my storm but played with many of the other models. .75 sucked and like johnny made me want to FUBAR my phone but with all the leaks and hybrids out there i have had no major issues... certainly not any hardware ones. to those who think that the storm 2 is the answer i think you might be in for a surprise. HARWARE is not the problem!!!!

loboboy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Liked
    0 times
    I find it interesting to hear so much negative thoughts on the Storm. I have 2 and love them. I wasted no time loading leaked OS's or Hybrids and have never had any real problems. There just must be some real lemons out there and for that I feel for you guys. Hopefully the new OS on the Storm 2 will be better but I won't hold my breath. I will stick with my BBCrackmans modified Storm for now.

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    These phones are great when they are actually working! Majority of the issues are Software Related and hopefully RIM will get on it and come up with something fast! As for the hardware side its a give and take...there is alot of lemons out there as well as good ones. Getting a good one is like winning the lotto. lol.

Im sure when the Storm2 comes out there is going to be alot of issues with it too but probably not as bad as with us since this is pretty much the trial and error version which Im sure they figured out alot of fixes for the new ones. So basically we were all Guinea Pigs for RIM! :buttkick:

As for the leaked OS's....BBCM and Lyricidal have been doing a great job on getting us Hybrids that have been working great! :beerchug:

cawty is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm
    OS
    hybrid v.3.5
    Liked
    0 times
    i just had an AT&T rep call and try to get me to switch. being that i have a small business she pitched how the bold had wifi. i said the storm 2 will be out soon and it has wifi (not that i need it). and then i said if i want the bold ill get it off of ebay. im kinda hooked on the storm because i have a great group of friends that taught me how to gut it and stitch it back up with new innerds. so by then i got her to check out the site, since she is a BB user, and now she is hooked im a hellofa sells man. yeaah

the BB movement.... yes sir.

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cawty View Post
    i just had an AT&T rep call and try to get me to switch. being that i have a small business she pitched how the bold had wifi. i said the storm 2 will be out soon and it has wifi (not that i need it). and then i said if i want the bold ill get it off of ebay. im kinda hooked on the storm because i have a great group of friends that taught me how to gut it and stitch it back up with new innerds. so by then i got her to check out the site, since she is a BB user, and now she is hooked im a hellofa sells man. yeaah
    Nice! Ive had a few reps instores or those little booths in malls try to sell me. Each time I was able to shut them up or was selling them on VZ which Im currently on. Eventually Ive got one or two to admit that I was on a better network because they were with VZ as well and they were just pitching me because its there job!! WHO'S THE MAN!!

Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Liked
    1 times
    I've said it before and I'll say it again (I've even said this to a Rep in the VZ store getting a new bluetooth) :
    They will have to pry my Storm from my hands when I'm gone. :147:

malsadig is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    almost punched the screen in today because it was acting up, no more Touch unless it's a bold with a touch or 99xx, can't wait for the TOUR, i'm getting one on day one. Miss the keys.

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by malsadig View Post
    almost punched the screen in today because it was acting up, no more Touch unless it's a bold with a touch or 99xx, can't wait for the TOUR, i'm getting one on day one. Miss the keys.
    I feel ya pain! Trust me I do....but Im sure the Bold with touch and other new models will have its issues as well! So all I can say is just keep your head up and remember we are here for you!!

Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Wow...I was about to greet my wife when she got home with how crummy a day I had....until I read this thread !! I've got no room to complain...at least not about my storm. I've been really lucky, I guess. Except for my first storm having a screen issue...my 2nd storm's been perfect....<<knocks on wood>>

:arms::arms:

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oriofan8 View Post
    Wow...I was about to greet my wife when she got home with how crummy a day I had....until I read this thread !! I've got no room to complain...at least not about my storm. I've been really lucky, I guess. Except for my first storm having a screen issue...my 2nd storm's been perfect....<<knocks on wood>>

:arms::arms:
    Do you know the pain its like to not have a phone for practically a whole DAY! The PAIN! :P

No really it really did drive me nuts. Than I had to go and do surgery on the phone! Well all is well......at least for now! aranoid:

liljp41 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow liljp41 On Twitter
    PIN
    an assortment of numbers and letters
    Device
    9530 Storm Verizon
    OS
    Newest
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post
    I guess i'm the lucky one, going from a regular phone to a blackberry and a storm at that for my first one. I had no expectactions on how it shoud act or how it performed compaired to other bberrys. Never have used a trackball before so no trouble getting use to the touch screen "have had touch screens before and the storm is nicer"
    Ha.... so I guess no expectations = more patience and a better experience :banana:
    i agree.. cause i used to be an htc winmo head.. and the storm has been so much better to me.. has to b the most customizable full touchscreen phone and the potential is there.. and the day its unlocked.. i wanna be able to look back and be like.. "remember when... " lol..
    Check out my themes Knext Level adVanced NuexThe Produxshun
    Relax from the NOSE!! ~New OS Excitement lol~

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

People there's nothing better than a blackberry!

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Except the IPHONE!! OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......Did I just go there!?!

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Yep, now I know what an addiction to drugs must be like, gotta have it, give me more, when's the next update or new app coming out, don't touch my blackberry... Ha! :alcoholic:

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad
    Wirelessly posted

Yep, now I know what an addiction to drugs must be like, gotta have it, give me more, when's the next update or new app coming out, don't touch my blackberry... Ha! :alcoholic:
    That's exactly right and the addiction doesn't stop!

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-5
    Wirelessly posted

Except the IPHONE!! OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......Did I just go there!?!
    What's an iphone? Never heard of it

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Wirelessly posted

What's an iphone? Never heard of it
    I heard they make great paperweights.

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN