Whats the difference between the blackberry storm 9530 and the blackberry storm 9500?

Thread: Whats the difference between the blackberry storm 9530 and the blackberry storm 9500?

kavinkames is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

Whats the difference between the blackberry storm 9530 and the blackberry storm 9500?

looking to buy a new phone was wanting a touch screen and i cant really afford a iphone so i was looking towards buying a blackberry storm anyone have any info they can tell me about if there a good phone to own or not

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    The 9500 is a CDMA device, used for Verizon. The 9530 is a GSM device, can be used on a network with SIM cards. No other differences, I think.

teostar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow teostar On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    1015/latest hybrid
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adperdue View Post
    The 9500 is a CDMA device, used for Verizon. The 9530 is a GSM device, can be used on a network with SIM cards. No other differences, I think.
    i think you have it reversed the 9500 is a straight gsm phone (that is; it uses a sim card) while the 9530 is a 'world phone' and can be used on ether cdma or gsm networks. Thats the only difference i know of.

vincentvictor Guest
    The BlackBerry 9500 is the GSM version of the Storm, while the BlackBerry 9530 is the CDMA version of the Storm. I don't think the official specifications for the Storm 9500 are out yet, as there may be some other hardware differences. I would think the Storm 9500 is with Wi-Fi, as GSM networks are generally slower than CDMA.

clive is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Liked
    24 times
    Hi
    1. 9500 is GSM only Storm device. It doesn't have WiFI. It is 3G. It was First Storm series phone
    2 9530 is a Dual Mode Storm. It has GSM & CDMA but No WiFi.
    Current model of Storm is Storm2 9520 (GSM only ) with WiFI and World Phone (GSM/CDMA with WiFI) is Storm2 9550.

Latest touch screen BB which I am using is 9800 Torch. It is GSM (3G) with WiFi. You can search on this forum for new touch screen BB devices which are getting released soon.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by clive; 05-16-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    Joe Jerde likes this.