Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!

Question Media Files Do Not Show

Okay folks, here's one for you. I recently started to create my own ringtones which works rather well and easy. My problem is when I drag and drop a new ringtone from my PC into my Storm it shows on the computer but it doesnn't show in my media files under ringtones where I dropped it? Even stranger when I try to set it to a contact as their custom ringtone it doesn't show up on the list of available ringtones, even when I browse thru them the long way BUT....but, it does show up if I go back and redrop it into my voicenotes then browse thru that folder when setting a custom ringtone?! And this isn't just with my newly created ringtones, this is with many files I have in ringtones AND voicenotes. Files show up on the PC but not in the media>ringtones or media>voicenotes but they do show up when browsing for custom tones and they also show up in BBFilescout as well? No rhyme or reason, same extensions, same sizes.....any ideas why?:dunno:

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Just a question Mikenbekah, but are you unplugging your phone from your PC when you are looking? They will not show up while your phone is connected.

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Here is the directory path I put mine in and have no trouble. J:\home\user\ringtones
    J is the designation your PC labels your phone.

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Try setting it to where your phone enters mass storage mode once connected to your computer, options>memory>"Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" to prompt or yes. You will see all your all of your pictures and music this way, and will probably help. Also I make and send myself ringtones through Phonezoo, and use Zedge time to time, and i just save ringtones from the messages sent to me

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Just a question Mikenbekah, but are you unplugging your phone from your PC when you are looking? They will not show up while your phone is connected.
    Absolutely, I let it finish scanning before I even take a gander.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Try setting it to where your phone enters mass storage mode once connected to your computer, options>memory>"Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" to prompt or yes. You will see all your all of your pictures and music this way, and will probably help. Also I make and send myself ringtones through Phonezoo, and use Zedge time to time, and i just save ringtones from the messages sent to me
    Yes I do this with Mass Storage. What I think I'm not getting across is that I am fully aware of the basics in dealing with media etc. which is why I don't understand why certain files don't show up in my Media>Ringtones from the main menu but are obviously on my phone cuz I can actually play them from BBFilescout? If a file is on my phone, it shows onscreen on my PC when I plug in, then why doesn't it show on my phones screen?

jayr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow jayr On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    this happens to me sometimes. so instead of going through the media to find it, i use BBFileScout.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Here is the directory path I put mine in and have no trouble. J:\home\user\ringtones
    J is the designation your PC labels your phone.
    Acually mine is Blackberry 1 G:, Blackberry 2 F:, but I understand your point. I always save on my SDcard though since that's where everything else is. Is this not correct?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast