Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times

Question Media Files Do Not Show

Okay folks, here's one for you. I recently started to create my own ringtones which works rather well and easy. My problem is when I drag and drop a new ringtone from my PC into my Storm it shows on the computer but it doesnn't show in my media files under ringtones where I dropped it? Even stranger when I try to set it to a contact as their custom ringtone it doesn't show up on the list of available ringtones, even when I browse thru them the long way BUT....but, it does show up if I go back and redrop it into my voicenotes then browse thru that folder when setting a custom ringtone?! And this isn't just with my newly created ringtones, this is with many files I have in ringtones AND voicenotes. Files show up on the PC but not in the media>ringtones or media>voicenotes but they do show up when browsing for custom tones and they also show up in BBFilescout as well? No rhyme or reason, same extensions, same sizes.....any ideas why?:dunno:

Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Just a question Mikenbekah, but are you unplugging your phone from your PC when you are looking? They will not show up while your phone is connected.

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Here is the directory path I put mine in and have no trouble. J:\home\user\ringtones
    J is the designation your PC labels your phone.

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    Try setting it to where your phone enters mass storage mode once connected to your computer, options>memory>"Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" to prompt or yes. You will see all your all of your pictures and music this way, and will probably help. Also I make and send myself ringtones through Phonezoo, and use Zedge time to time, and i just save ringtones from the messages sent to me

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Just a question Mikenbekah, but are you unplugging your phone from your PC when you are looking? They will not show up while your phone is connected.
    Absolutely, I let it finish scanning before I even take a gander.
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Try setting it to where your phone enters mass storage mode once connected to your computer, options>memory>"Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" to prompt or yes. You will see all your all of your pictures and music this way, and will probably help. Also I make and send myself ringtones through Phonezoo, and use Zedge time to time, and i just save ringtones from the messages sent to me
    Yes I do this with Mass Storage. What I think I'm not getting across is that I am fully aware of the basics in dealing with media etc. which is why I don't understand why certain files don't show up in my Media>Ringtones from the main menu but are obviously on my phone cuz I can actually play them from BBFilescout? If a file is on my phone, it shows onscreen on my PC when I plug in, then why doesn't it show on my phones screen?

jayr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow jayr On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    this happens to me sometimes. so instead of going through the media to find it, i use BBFileScout.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Here is the directory path I put mine in and have no trouble. J:\home\user\ringtones
    J is the designation your PC labels your phone.
    Acually mine is Blackberry 1 G:, Blackberry 2 F:, but I understand your point. I always save on my SDcard though since that's where everything else is. Is this not correct?

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jayr View Post
    this happens to me sometimes. so instead of going through the media to find it, i use BBFileScout.
    So how do you set it as a ringtone?

jayr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow jayr On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    you can set them as your ringtone when you play the file. no idea how to set it as a contacts tone tho. ;p

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    So how do you set it as a ringtone?
    I think it has to be in the path I stated above for it to be able to be selected as ringtone.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    I think it has to be in the path I stated above for it to be able to be selected as ringtone.
    Shane that does work great, but why should I do it this way and store it on my device memory when all other ringtones are on my SDcard? I just don't understand why some files don't show up on the phones screen when they are obviously in the phone? I guess that's my dilemma.

Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a similar problem to Mikenbekah. I have asked the forums here and at Crackberry and I have never got an answer on this.

For some reason every other reset I only get 10% (or small amount of my 1514 song files) to show up in my Storm Media. So anytime I unplug my storm from my computer, I get either the full amount of my music or 10% of them. If it is 10% or about 117 songs, I use Quick Pull and get the 1514 songs back available in the Music setting of the Media page.

I use File Explorer Pro to see that the songs are in deed on my SD Card, but theye are not read each time. It literally is every other reset of the phone.

I have Mass Media supported and all my options turned on.

I think this is something about the SD card. I use the free program, "Double Twist" to put the music on my storm (Due to the fact I have my Music on a MAC).

Is anyone else having this issue?
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Storm 2, Until 4/29 went to "INCREDIBLE"
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    If you are able to see the songs on the media card and they play as well. The issue seems to be the indexing of the files. On your device go to the main media home screen. BB Button, explore, media card. Find the music folder, BB Button, show hidden. Delete the BBthumbs.dat file. Do a battery pull and return to the media screen and let the phone fully re-index the files. Now check and see if you have all files listed.

Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Liked
    0 times
    Well put bbcackman (Or GOD as I call you). I will do that now.
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Storm 2, Until 4/29 went to "INCREDIBLE"
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    Well put bbcackman (Or GOD as I call you). I will do that now.
    Me too! BBCM, can you take a look at my other post and see if you can figure it out? And why aren't my images showing? Geez I feel like a dork!

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    8 times
    Wirelessly posted (via Bold)

Use the same process that bbc suggested for music files...
    BlackBerry by Choice!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I fixed it on my own by formatting the card. Took a few hours but it was worth it.The moderator can close this thread if that's needed? Thanks to anyone who tried to help. As always a big thank you to the Professor, the guy is unfailing in his efforts.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenbekah View Post
    Well I fixed it on my own by formatting the card. Took a few hours but it was worth it.The moderator can close this thread if that's needed? Thanks to anyone who tried to help. As always a big thank you to the Professor, the guy is unfailing in his efforts.
    Your welcome Mike sorry you had to format the card though.

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Your welcome Mike sorry you had to format the card though.
    Just for that, we will give you a promotion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast