Media Files Do Not Show - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media Files Do Not Show

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Just for that, we will give you a promotion.
    LOL sweet thanks Shane :banana:

Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Your welcome Mike sorry you had to format the card though.
    :banana:No worriesMan, I saved it all and reloaded it and that little warning is gone for good! Take care Prof, see you next weekend I'm sure!:dance:
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

mrZoSo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    If you are able to see the songs on the media card and they play as well. The issue seems to be the indexing of the files. On your device go to the main media home screen. BB Button, explore, media card. Find the music folder, BB Button, show hidden. Delete the BBthumbs.dat file. Do a battery pull and return to the media screen and let the phone fully re-index the files. Now check and see if you have all files listed.
    I remember that index bug being there from almost the start, especially with Voice Notes not even showing but where there, and could only get to them by exploring,,heh
    As far as the music index, doing the battery pull without deleting the .dat file, has all ways fixed it for me so far.
    mrZő§ő

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Just for that, we will give you a promotion.
    Shane, is that a dig on my complimenting the Prof too much? Well if so, I don't know too many folks who would stop what they're doin' while AT the ZOO with their family just to help out on a forum? Just want him to know the effort isn't being taken for granted. If you were referring to something entirely different, well....my bad, but I still mean it!:biggthumpup:
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrZoSo View Post
    I remember that index bug being there from almost the start, especially with Voice Notes not even showing but where there, and could only get to them by exploring,,heh
    As far as the music index, doing the battery pull without deleting the .dat file, has all ways fixed it for me so far.
    Yeah it sure is weird that someone hasn't addressed it a long time ago? Thanks for your feedback on this though, like I said, I fixed the problem but only for the existing hidden files. I'm sure it's gonna do this again.

Drukan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Well i got it to reindex for me!!... i been having this issue everytime i add new ringtones... it seems to bump older ones off the list even though they are still on the card, and some of them still set for individual IDs. I pulled the card, browsed and deleted the BBthumbs.dat file... replaced the card, and when it finished scanning... all ringtones are back in the list... It seems to do this once u go over 40.. or so thats MY case.. now i have 56 showing in the list. ( yes i have a shit load of ringtones... but they ALL rock... )

Thanx for the tip guys!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12