I'm in middle of installing a new os on my storm, it upgraded the phone, and now its up to the restore the phone restarted and its not connecting the DM is saying "connecting to device" and its not connecting.
A window popped up saying "welcome to found new hardware wizard" and then says "cannot install hardware" and is sitting like this for 30 minutes already...
I'm using windows xp, never had this issue before.
Any advice is greatly appreciated
Yes I know this issue happened to me more times that I care for. Here is what you should do:
1. Disconnect your BB from your computer
2. Pull the battery and put it back in. Let the phone restart. This will probably take about 5 minutes or so.
3. Do not close DM let it continue and it will it could not restore the device.
4. the message will give a location something like restore from the following location: \\.host\Shared Folders\My Documents
5. Inside that location will be a loader backup.ipd file with today's date.
6. Drag that file to the desktop
7. Now close DM, reopen it connect your BB and do a restore from that file once your phone has rebooted.
8. You're done.
Keep these instructions handy because this has happened to me oh about a dozen times. If something doesn't make sense let us know.