THIS!!!
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    OS BBC Hybrid v10! Tmobile
    Liked
    0 times

Using a Blackberry Storm without the Data Package

Hello Fellow BBOSers! He is my issue. We are trying to save money now on our Mobile service. We figured that since my wife has a discount because of where she works that we should go to Verizon. Since the monthly bill is the same with tmobile with her discount we might as well get the network coverage. We both have signed on to Verizon but without data packages to save some money. Just opted for talk and unlimited text. Well when we were with Tmobile we both had unlocked BB storms. We tried to use our storms for the service but they said that we must get the data package for us to use our storms on their network. Why cant we use our storms? My sister had a BB Curve with no data package because she just wanted to text and she got it at ATT. Why wont Verizon do this?

Well we both got our LG Cosmos but were just curious if there was a way to transfer our numbers back to the storms without having to get the data package.

Thanks in advance!

PBJ | PBJ Gear | M1926 Tech News Blog
    Storming on Tmobile - 9530

Madasafish is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Madasafish On Twitter
    PIN
    suck it...
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    BB10
    Carrier
    Liked
    3 times
    I think you might find that Verison is a CDMA carrier and T Mobile is a GSM carrier which means the phones wont work.
    CDMA do not use SIM cards and have different data in the phone to use on the network.

Someone in the US please correct me?

edemunsta is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow edemunsta On Twitter
    PIN
    THIS!!!
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Madasafish View Post
    I think you might find that Verison is a CDMA carrier and T Mobile is a GSM carrier which means the phones wont work.
    CDMA do not use SIM cards and have different data in the phone to use on the network.

Someone in the US please correct me?
    The Blackberry Storm is a World Phone and is capable of both CDMA and GSM. It was a Verizon phone but got it Unlocked. That is how I was able to use it for a good year since I was on Tmobile.

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes you are correct. The Storm Series is an exclusive with Verizon... It is NOT possible to activate ANY Smartphone without a data package on Verizon. I use to work for them and I can assure you that you won't be able to activate them without it. There is no explanation for why they do this it's just a written rule and that's the way they operate unfortunately.

edemunsta is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow edemunsta On Twitter
    PIN
    THIS!!!
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Yes you are correct. The Storm Series is an exclusive with Verizon... It is NOT possible to activate ANY Smartphone without a data package on Verizon. I use to work for them and I can assure you that you won't be able to activate them without it. There is no explanation for why they do this it's just a written rule and that's the way they operate unfortunately.
    Thanks for the Reply Hodges! Good to know.

smarty_pants is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    umm...i dont think thas all tha way true...i got a verizon phone unlocked it and i am now using the at@t network on it....with no data plan...just txting..and if i want to put minutes on it it will work like that too..how is that?