Storm 9530 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got a BB storm 9530, Unlocked.... I live in Greece, and i'm trying to load greek language and menus... The problem is that the official software i've already tried even if they say, that they are mylti-language, they're not........ Any ideas??? I've loaded OS 5.... but no use at all....
BlackBerry Handheld Software v18.104.22.1688 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 22.214.171.1248
* Applications: 126.96.36.1999
* Software Platform: 188.8.131.52
* File name: 9530AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel808_PL184.108.40.206_A220.127.116.119_Be ll_Mobility_Inc.exe
* File size: 111.61MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
* Download Software: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...646D38BC2145CA
Instructions for installing either version on ANY carrier's 9530:
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
You should then be able to choose Greek language support in the desktop manager, then on your storm.
Last edited by BBSuperAbuser; 09-05-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Downloading it, shall it work with desktop manager v.6????
Last edited by nasososan; 09-05-2010 at 06:11 PM.
but no greek language
still need help....
You can do a Google search for 'Storm 9530 Greek Language Pack'. There are a few locations you can find the pack to download and install using DM.
Posted via mobile device
I appreciate the help on this one, until Hodges can ship his old Storm to me, I have no experience with em.
Originally Posted by amcatania
Thank you all i solved the problem..... Just had to past cod's and add the greek .alx
Tags for this Thread