Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    u never really need to do a full wipe. cause when u install a new os it completely installs over what u had. ive only wiped once since i have had the phone a 0 problems....its just one of those things people do and swear by and think it is necessary, but its really not
    One last quick question then...do you think I should do the .141 download, then add BBCM's v5 hybrid (all on the computer first), then delete .132 (via program manager/add-remove), then dump it all on the Storm via Loader? I haven't surfed the v5 findings thread enough yet to know if there are known issues with battery life.

Thanks again for all your help!

PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    One last quick question then...do you think I should do the .141 download, then add BBCM's v5 hybrid (all on the computer first), then delete .132 (via program manager/add-remove), then dump it all on the Storm via Loader? I haven't surfed the v5 findings thread enough yet to know if there are known issues with battery life.

if you have 132 installed on computer now then dont worry about it...install whatever v5 hybrid you want, then when you install just point it to the 132 folder instead and it will over write all the files in that folder and once you install it will say whatever hybrid you used. as far as which one, its up to you. every phone is different and some phones my like one and some like the other. but for the most part there all still good but with some little differences that an "average" user wont notice

My rule of thump is never have more than one OS installed on your computer at a time. Install .141 or .132 on your pc then download and install V5 over that and put on phone.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    My rule of thump is never have more than one OS installed on your computer at a time. Install .141 or .132 on your pc then download and install V5 over that and put on phone.
    I was happy with .132 until I started seeing my battery disappear. Regardless of which OS I do, I'm going to put BB Maps back on and install Weatherbug (and delete BeWeather)...slight memory drain is much less of an issue than battery drain.

I'd be curious to try .141 but don't recall if people have had any issues w. it compared to .132. The only complaints I have now (with .132) are latency in the accelerometer (and switching between programs) and battery drain.

Any suggestions on whether .141 might clear up the latency issues?

I was happy with .132 until I started seeing my battery disappear. Regardless of which OS I do, I'm going to put BB Maps back on and install Weatherbug (and delete BeWeather)...slight memory drain is much less of an issue than battery drain.

I'd be curious to try .141 but don't recall if people have had any issues w. it compared to .132. The only complaints I have now are latency in the accelerometer (and switching between programs) and battery drain.

Any suggestions on whether .141 might clear up the latency issues?
    Hmm I run berryweather and haven't noticed any battery difference mine has always last about a day since I first got it LOL. I do have berryweather set to 2 hours updates though.

PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Hmm I run berryweather and haven't noticed any battery difference mine has always last about a day since I first got it LOL. I do have berryweather set to 2 hours updates though.
    i have it set to 30 minutes on both bold and storm and both seem to have about the same as without it....i mean im never to worried about battery though. i charge em everynight and through out the day in my car if needed

i have it set to 30 minutes on both bold and storm and both seem to have about the same as without it....i mean im never to worried about battery though. i charge em everynight and through out the day in my car if needed
    Yep me neither LOL that whats all these dang chargers I have are for.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    But I thought our berry's were supposed to last a week on a charge and always have 50mb of free memory...and make us taller...and better looking...and cooler!:cool2::18:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast