Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Ok, I'm still burning 4-6% per hour after doing the full battery drain. I also just noticed a 10mb drop in memory in an hour, then another 5mb drop the next hour, and the phone was doing nothing but sitting in my holster.

I'm thinking it's time to jettison .132 and find another OS w. better battery life/memory use. Anyone have any suggestions? About the only other one I've had good success w. was .114 but I hate to go back. Seems like all I've seen with .132 is decreased battery life and increased latency on the accelerometer.

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    Ok, I'm still burning 4-6% per hour after doing the full battery drain. I also just noticed a 10mb drop in memory in an hour, then another 5mb drop the next hour, and the phone was doing nothing but sitting in my holster.

I'm thinking it's time to jettison .132 and find another OS w. better battery life/memory use. Anyone have any suggestions? About the only other one I've had good success w. was .114 but I hate to go back. Seems like all I've seen with .132 is decreased battery life and increased latency on the accelerometer.
    Try v.5 w/141..does your battery get warm with use?.....post your 3rd party apps, and current theme
    Last edited by cruznthru; 05-09-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Yeah, I'm thinking v5/141. The weird thing is the battery doesn't get warm...it just steadily taps 4-6% per hour. The only non-core app I have running is BeWeather and it's on 30min refresh...can't imagine that's tapping it so quick.

I only did the jl_wipe/132-v4 last weekend...was hoping I could give it a while to work...does anyone know if I need to do another full jl_wipe before I do the 141/v5 upgrade? It's a really PITA to do the BES re-activation and I'm hoping if I upgrade to 141/v5 I can avoid that.

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Yeah, I'm thinking v5/141. The weird thing is the battery doesn't get warm...it just steadily taps 4-6% per hour. The only non-core app I have running is BeWeather and it's on 30min refresh...can't imagine that's tapping it so quick.

I only did the jl_wipe/132-v4 last weekend...was hoping I could give it a while to work...does anyone know if I need to do another full jl_wipe before I do the 141/v5 upgrade? It's a really PITA to do the BES re-activation and I'm hoping if I upgrade to 141/v5 I can avoid that.
    BerryWeather is a known battery killer..

The following post is from a user at CB

"I just downloaded the latest version of BerryWeather a few of days ago and ever since, my battery is almost dead each day by 3 or 4 PM. Nothing else has changed. Before this, I would get 2 days out of my battery and that was with WeatherBug running (doing 30 minute updates). I do have the BerryWeather set to update every 30 minutes as well. I'm going to change it to every hour and see if that helps, but I don't understand why this app would kill my battery in less than half the time WeatherBug did"

May try slowing the refresh time down...a change in OS may also help

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    BerryWeather is a known battery killer..

The following post is from a user at CB

"I just downloaded the latest version of BerryWeather a few of days ago and ever since, my battery is almost dead each day by 3 or 4 PM. Nothing else has changed. Before this, I would get 2 days out of my battery and that was with WeatherBug running (doing 30 minute updates). I do have the BerryWeather set to update every 30 minutes as well. I'm going to change it to every hour and see if that helps, but I don't understand why this app would kill my battery in less than half the time WeatherBug did"

May try slowing the refresh time down...a change in OS may also help
    Lovely...I installed BerryWeather b/c it didn't kill the memory (which is what Weatherbugs reputation was)...guess I installed a battery killer instead...:dunce:

Oh well, I think I'm going to see if I can get a few spare hours in the morning and do the v5 install.

Do you know if I need to do a full jl_wipe or can just do the .141 install (on the computer), uninstall .132 (using Program Manager-add/remove programs), overlay the v5 hybrid (on the computer), then dump the new OS onto my Storm via Loader? Like I said, I'd prefer to avoid doing a full jl_wipe b/c that means re-doing the enterprise activation....which requires help from my BES provider (read: skeleton tech support crew on weekends).

Thanks!
    Last edited by snmemx; 05-09-2009 at 08:09 PM.

blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Lovely...I installed BerryWeather b/c it didn't kill the memory (which is what Weatherbugs reputation was)...guess I installed a battery killer instead...:dunce:

Oh well, I think I'm going to see if I can get a few spare hours in the morning and do the v5 install.

Do you know if I need to do a full jl_wipe or can just do the .141 install (on the computer), uninstall .132 (using Program Manager-add/remove programs), overlay the v5 hybrid (on the computer), then dump the new OS onto my Storm via Loader? Like I said, I'd prefer to avoid doing a full jl_wipe b/c that means re-doing the enterprise activation....which requires help from my BES provider.

Thanks!
    u never really need to do a full wipe. cause when u install a new os it completely installs over what u had. ive only wiped once since i have had the phone a 0 problems....its just one of those things people do and swear by and think it is necessary, but its really not

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    u never really need to do a full wipe. cause when u install a new os it completely installs over what u had. ive only wiped once since i have had the phone a 0 problems....its just one of those things people do and swear by and think it is necessary, but its really not
    So that explains why I installed jl and did the full wipe and not only did the post-wipe/re-install/re-activate time NOT take my memory from 40mb to 50+, it also didn't make me better looking...or taller...or younger...thanks for that feedback, that'll help to save me a bunch of time tomorrow...those in my family wishing to celebrate mothers day will appreciate my presence:08:

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    I agree to that I have only wiped once as well and never had a problem. I only wiped just to do it in case I ever needed to help someone.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast