Storm 9530 frozen?????

Thread: Storm 9530 frozen?????

Bmmrktng is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    storm
    Liked
    0 times

Storm 9530 frozen?????

I was in an airport tonight when I received a check in notice from someone regarding foursquare. My phone completely froze on me. So...I took out the battery to do a soft reboot and now my phone will not turn on. The red light turns on like it wants to start and then it just goes to a repetitive four blinking red lights and nothing else. I tried to connect it to my computer but it is not recognized by the desktop manager.

Help tis newbie.....please!

MJS
    MJS is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow MJS On Twitter
    PIN
    333C8F0F
    Device
    Z10/PB32
    OS
    10.1.2009/2.1.0.840
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    27 times
    Hmmmmmm. I'm no expert, but this is what I would do. And I'm not saying to do it, but............ If you have the BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife(BBSAK) I would at least try to back up the apps and hopefully you have back up assistant like Verizon puts out and have used it. If your device isn't working right after a 15 minute battery pull, I'd figured it needs to have the OS reinstalled. You can do that without your desktop manager, install the OS to your computer which can be downloaded off the blackberry web site or your carriers site. Or you can choose one of many amazing hybrids available thru this site.(I personally enjoy Lyricidals) to load without a program such as DM go to mycomputer>localdisk>programfiles>commonfiles>rese archinmotion>apploader>Loader. The loader has an image unlike the rest with a crude device picture. Lol. If you need help, checkout how to load a leaked OS. BBOS and crackberry are quite helpfull resources you just gotta find it all. But looking into how to load a leaked OS will show you these steps to load the program without desktop manager.
    Posted via mobile device

MJS
    MJS is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow MJS On Twitter
    PIN
    333C8F0F
    Device
    Z10/PB32
    OS
    10.1.2009/2.1.0.840
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    27 times
    Still think its odd that foursquare killed your berry. What OS were you running? If your that new, your OS is also marked on the box your device came in.
    Posted via mobile device

Bmmrktng is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    storm
    Liked
    0 times
    I have tried and have followed directions to the tee from both the apploader as well as from dos and have received the following message:

The blackberry desktop software does not have
    blackberry device software for the device that
    you have connected to th computer. contact
    your wireless provider or system administrator.

Any ideas??

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    I would try MJS's suggestion and wipe your phone and reload trhe operating system. There are detailed instructions posted here in BBOS on how to do that, the best one I believe is from Neolantis, the link is below...

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

You will obviously not be able to back up unless another member can help you with that. To get BBSAK, click the link below...

BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

Hope this helps

Forgot to add...if you do choose to go this route, make sure you have downloaded and operationg system for your bb...hit the downloads tab in the menu bar up top and it will take you to the OS download section.
    Last edited by joshjamie; 07-12-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Added the os download