Thread: email disappearing on storm 9530

johnm93359 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    Liked
    0 times

email disappearing on storm 9530

Hi all,
    Over the past couple of weeks, I have started noticing missing emails on my storm running OS 5.0.0.328. I had switched from confirm delete and at first thought I might be accidentally deleting emails while I thought the screen was locked. (I turned that off). I noticed that some email that I got on my pc, never seemed to make to to my berry. Others are there, then gone, whether read or unread. Today I got about 25 emails at home. I only have one left on my berry. I probably deleted 2. Some of the others I say and then they were gone. Others I never Saw. My memory did get low and I have rebooted twice today. once for the low memory, once for application upgrades. Thoughts?

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    you might be running low on memory, try freeing some by deleting old appointments, sms, emails, call logs and all that...
    BlackBerry by Choice!

MJS
    MJS is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow MJS On Twitter
    PIN
    333C8F0F
    Device
    Z10/PB32
    OS
    10.1.2009/2.1.0.840
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    27 times
    I've been having that problem too for a while now. At the moment I'm running some hybrid that reads .692 in the about screen from Lyric and a base of .591. Mine vanish as well as SMS and MMS. I still love my 9530 but there are so many reasons to jump to an Android device. I enjoy my BB but I never hear my friends and associates have constant issues on their devices like I have. I don't know, when will RIM come out with a stable device without software issues. Or should I say without numerous issues. Come on, RIM- what are you guys doing? Is there a Canadian term like siesta
    Posted via mobile device

MJS
    PIN
    333C8F0F
    Device
    Z10/PB32
    OS
    10.1.2009/2.1.0.840
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    you might be running low on memory, try freeing some by deleting old appointments, sms, emails, call logs and all that...
    A 9530 with lack of memory? Who are you kidding, LMAO
    Posted via mobile device

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    You might run out of memory quick if you store photos and videos on the device memory instead of the micro sd card. Tons of ringtones stored in device memory would help with the memory drain too.

I would suggest making sure all your photos music videos and ringtones are stored on the micro sd card by default, run the memory cleaner utility, and get rid of all your old contacts, calender items, and email.

If you need help to figure out how to do these things, just let us know, and we will gladly and promptly give you all the help you might need.

MJS
    PIN
    333C8F0F
    Device
    Z10/PB32
    OS
    10.1.2009/2.1.0.840
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    27 times
    What is this memory cleaner utility?
    Posted via mobile device

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    Depending if you moved it or not, might be located in setup, applications, or options, or it might have been hidden. Its an icon called memory cleaner, run that app to remove junk files out of device memory. Then return to the home screen and press and hold left alt button while typing lglg. The device log will show, press the menu key and select delete log. That should free up a bit of memory for you.

PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    Also, delete any apps and themes that you don't use on a regular basis, my personal definition of regular is "once a day". Apps and themes can eat up space quick.

Also delete any apps that duplicate functions of other apps. No need to keep aim and yim if you also have trillian, or nobex radio companion if you have another radio app you use more often.

Let us know how it goes.

johnm93359 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the updates. My memory frequently goes to zero available. Is there a threshold there the OS starts deleting stuff aggressively? I have been deleting apps and I am now up to 12mb after a battery pull. My data is stored on my memory card. I do tend to download a lot of apps that I want to try out, but cant get around to testing out.

I am also thinking about jumping to android. Tired of memory leaks and shortages, want a browser I feel is useful, readable and responsive. I only use mine to download software I cant keep due to memory limitations. Is there any hope for OS6 on the storm 1. I have heard nothing. I feel abandoned....

PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    The Storm 1 will most likely not get the leg up to 6.0.

Have you tried the suggestions to get your memory up? Downloading apps in that quantity should be done with multiple devices. And if you don't get around to using them, maybe you don't really need them. Consider giving them the ol' heave ho.

As far as jumping to android, if its a better fit for you it might be a wise move.
    If you are willing to give it a try, the 9700 or Storm 2 might be what your looking for as far as memory.
    Last edited by BBSuperAbuser; 06-27-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adperdue View Post
    The Storm 1 will most likely not get the leg up to 6.0.

Have you tried the suggestions to get your memory up? Downloading apps in that quantity should be done with multiple devices. And if you don't get around to using them, maybe you don't really need them. Consider giving them the ol' heave ho.

As far as jumping to android, if its a better fit for you it might be a wise move.
    If you are willing to give it a try, the 9700 or Storm 2 might be what your looking for as far as memory.
    I agree that it will not get 6.0, or if it does it will be worse than 5.0. My phone is so laggy, I have to take turns running apps.

I am really looking forward to the Storm 3 for that reason.....that and flash
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    I agree that it will not get 6.0, or if it does it will be worse than 5.0. My phone is so laggy, I have to take turns running apps.

I am really looking forward to the Storm 3 for that reason.....that and flash

Me personally, I want to keep my keypad, but I have been captivated by touchscreens. I am considering dumping my lovely Bold 2, for the smoking hot Slider.

MJS
    PIN
    333C8F0F
    Device
    Z10/PB32
    OS
    10.1.2009/2.1.0.840
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adperdue View Post
    Depending if you moved it or not, might be located in setup, applications, or options, or it might have been hidden. Its an icon called memory cleaner, run that app to remove junk files out of device memory. Then return to the home screen and press and hold left alt button while typing lglg. The device log will show, press the menu key and select delete log. That should free up a bit of memory for you.
    I still don't see this. Is this a third party app or is it actually in the OS?
    Posted via mobile device

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    This is in the os. You will find it here...

Go to options
    Security options
    Advanced security options
    Memory cleaner...
    Enable memory cleaner. You will also have a box for "show on home screen". Check that and a shortcut will be added to your homescreen.

Hope this helps
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjamie View Post
    This is in the os. You will find it here...

Go to options
    Security options
    Advanced security options
    Memory cleaner...
    Enable memory cleaner. You will also have a box for "show on home screen". Check that and a shortcut will be added to your homescreen.

Hope this helps
    Posted via mobile device

Yeah, what he said. Sorry I didn't get back in time to answer, party time at the pool with my girls!