styx is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Pin
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Cannot synch since activating gmail

I just added two gmail accounts to my storm using the email setup wizard. I wasn't paying attention so with the first I did not unchecked the box allowing it to synch my contacts. I immediately turned it off. With the second account I did not leave it checked.

I just tried to synch to my computer via the desktop manager and received an error message that my default address book account was no longer available and that I was going to use my first gmail account. If i did not want to use it I could try going to options>advanced>default services and try to change it back to the account that I wanted. The problem is that the only account available there is the gmail account.

I have tried to restore a prior backup. I have gone to advanced backup and deleted my address book. I have removed the gmail account (the synch default is now also gone). I still get the same error message that i can only synch with the new gmail account. Short of wiping the unit and installing a new hybrid does anyone know how to get rid of the desktop manager only trying to synch with my new/default gmail account?

Thanks!

P.S. I keep telling myself I will never again install a google app..... I need to start listening.

styx is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Pin
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I figured it out.... Deleted the desktop manager backup folder. It then treated the first synch as a new install and all is well.

dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for posting your solution and glad you figured it out. Hopefuly this will help out some other members in the future. Reputation added.