PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times

Test Team Discussion Thread

THIS THREAD IS FOR FINDINGS ONLY. THERE WILL BE A QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSION THREAD AS WELL (WHICH WILL BE UP SOON). PLEASE LIMIT THIS TO FINDINGS ONLY AS THE BBOS TEAM WILL DELETE IRRELEVANT POSTS. THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

Hey all I tried to talk to BBC, but I know how busy he is. He does so much for the community as is so I am going to post this here and get some feed back and if anyone on the staff has input or wants to 'kill' this its fine. and I mean absolutley no disrespect to BBC i literaly understand how busy he is. I would like to create a spread sheet for a test team of like 10-20 ppl for all leaks and all of bbc and now lyricidal's hybrids with permisson of the creator of course. I am looking for feed back of what should be included and time incriments. Now with that said i have an idea of memory leakage, batter drain, singal quality and the basics so please dont post the easy ones :147:
    Now i would like to start with everyone on the team goign back to straight .75 with no app other than Meterberry, so if you have meterberry and dont have to have again DO NOT have to have any of ur apps for work or anythign going please post here and I will get with probably steif, JL or Neo and get a list of people together as well as the sites permission to maybe have a thread with a password that the team could post in for the new releases or if there is an overwhelming need for a test of a certain hybrid, and NEO BBOS or BBC would you guys like to do this as a VIP perk? Please any and all feed back would be appricaited. Thanks in advance and for those interested that could take the time and go back to .75 and have meterberry and dont need their app's please post here for consideration if i forgot to say that

So far this is who we have
    1. smcoldbb 9530 telus
    2. Absolute 9530 T-Mobile
    3. burridge007 9530 telus
    4.mmanuel552 9530 vzw
    5. bdude 9530 vzw

If you dont have your carrier beside your name please let me know who it is
    Need some more people, i was not going to take part so that i could be impartial when compliling the results. woudl like at least 5 more and some more vzw please I have enough people to start, i would like to ahve about 5 more so that when we start doing more tests we have more to compare but if i dont have any more by weds i will be getting ready to start.
    Last edited by jnepsa; 05-11-2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added burridge007's carrier

Absolute is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Device
    OS
    Latest and Greatest
    Liked
    0 times
    I would be willing to help with this.

guanuck is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    me 2 let me know if there is anything i can do
    Have a Telus related question? Just ask!

mmanuel552 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow mmanuel552 On Twitter
    Device
    HTC Incredible / Droid /Pre +
    Liked
    1 times
    Im Game Count me in

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    put me in coach I'm ready

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Hey all I tried to talk to BBC, but I know how busy he is. He does so much for the community as is so I am going to post this here and get some feed back and if anyone on the staff has input or wants to 'kill' this its fine. and I mean absolutley no disrespect to BBC i literaly understand how busy he is. I would like to create a spread sheet for a test team of like 10-20 ppl for all leaks and all of bbc and now lyricidal's hybrids with permisson of the creator of course. I am looking for feed back of what should be included and time incriments. Now with that said i have an idea of memory leakage, batter drain, singal quality and the basics so please dont post the easy ones :147:

Now i would like to start with everyone on the team goign back to straight .75 with no app other than Meterberry, so if you have meterberry and dont have to have again DO NOT have to have any of ur apps for work or anythign going please post here and I will get with probably steif, JL or Neo and get a list of people together as well as the sites permission to maybe have a thread with a password that the team could post in for the new releases or if there is an overwhelming need for a test of a certain hybrid, and NEO BBOS or BBC would you guys like to do this as a VIP perk? Please any and all feed back would be appricaited. Thanks in advance

and for those interested that could take the time and go back to .75 and have meterberry and dont need their app's please post here for consideration if i forgot to say that

I think this would be a great idea and I would follow it closely. Thank jnepsa!
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 05-06-2009 at 12:49 AM.

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times
    I started one a couple weeks ago. Had the version, platform date of leak, time between the leaks and projected date of the next leak. Was going to add the radio versions of the respective leak also. If I can fid it I'll send it to you. Think I had it done in an excel sheet.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    I dont have a 9530 for now, but mostly of the apps on my bold and 9500 are on beta....count me in
    BlackBerry by Choice!

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    ok quick question for mod team before i get going to far..do we want to do this as a thread for everyone or just vip and what about the locked thread so we dont get all the questions in withthe findings?

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Latest and Greatest
    Liked
    0 times
    and can everyone take a look at this tell me what you think and remember still work in progress.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    Just downloaded. Reviewing now. I might edit it a bit and send back to aid you in your compleatin of the primary one :1244:
    It looks good though at first glance
    Last edited by Absolute; 05-06-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Not quite Sure

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
    Just downloaded. Reviewing now. I might edit it a bit and send back to aid you in your compleatin of the primary one :1244:
    It looks good though at first glance
    thanks hope you can help, ok right now i have 5 people with 9530 and one 9500, i may not do this for the 9500 as i do not have one, just depends on how many 9500s would respond.
    I will need to know what carrier u are on and i am looking for at least 10 up 20 people for this so please as u list you owuld like to help list model number 9530 or 9500 carrier, and verify that you have meterberry (the one you buy) on your phone and remember for a 48hour period on each of these setups we will be running with that as the only app. have some more details to work out... i am doing this on the notion that each of us will have diff amounts of phone calls e-mail addy, and e-mails and text etc etc, that will make this a per user testin, when are results come up you would compare which one of these most mimicks me and my phone on .75, .114, etc, etc. that i think will help each person understand which os might be best for them on their carrier and also to see if we get 'tight' results or if each storm is its own beast. also you must be able to live with out your apps for at least 48 hours pls this is most important. so from here on please sign up list in this order model number carrier meterberry.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    ok quick question for mod team before i get going to far..do we want to do this as a thread for everyone or just vip and what about the locked thread so we dont get all the questions in withthe findings?
    You should do it as a thread everyone can see as I think many would benefit from the findings. You can have one thread for findings and another thread for questions. That way it will be easy to separate the two.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    yea we decided that earlier today that way it makes us one up

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    You should do it as a thread everyone can see as I think many would benefit from the findings. You can have one thread for findings and another thread for questions. That way it will be easy to separate the two.
    I agree with levy, this will benefit more people if left public, good idea, and i will be following this!

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    ok to all. this isnt going to be like a tommorrow thing i need to get together all the details and make sure this will work...i am hopeing by the end of this week or next depending on how work goes that we will be able to start i will probably start a new thread in the os section for the actual results, the only thing that will stop us is not haveing enough test ppl.

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    i just looked at your spreadsheet, you are gonna have testers change their signal meter from the bars to DB's right? Be more accurate that way, sorry if i over looked it on the sheet

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    yea there is a * or # and then a note on the bottom that says in -db at the same spot

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    yea there is a * or # and then a note on the bottom that says in -db at the same spot
    ok just caught that, my bad! Oh one more quick idea lol, are you going to give more options for the keyboard sizes other then .75 and .90?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    yea coudnt decide which i think .132 was larger than most but smaller than .90 please feel free to leave some feed back on what you think, cna you rename threads?

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Latest and Greatest
    Liked
    0 times
    Network: T-Mobile
    Phone: 9530

and yes I have the latest version of MB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast