snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Liked
    1 times

Question about Docs toGo

I use my storm to view attachments (.pdf's...word files...sometimes excel files). Also have a few MS Word files I have stored on the device and view occasionally. Given this, is it necessary for me to have DocsToGo loaded? I'd assume I need WordToGo, but what about SheetToGo and Slideshowtogo? Are those apps required only if you want to edit files, or are they required even to view?

Thanks!

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    I use my storm to view attachments (.pdf's...word files...sometimes excel files). Also have a few MS Word files I have stored on the device and view occasionally. Given this, is it necessary for me to have DocsToGo loaded? I'd assume I need WordToGo, but what about SheetToGo and Slideshowtogo? Are those apps required only if you want to edit files, or are they required even to view?

Thanks!
    You will need to word to go, sheet to go is you want to view word and excel documents. I personally deleted slide since I don't use it

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post

Thanks!
    Here is additional info, think PDF to Go is needed for PDF files. Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Detailed Product Info
    Last edited by cruznthru; 05-04-2009 at 11:57 AM.

snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Here is additional info, think PDF to Go is needed for PDF files. Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Detailed Product Info
    Thanks everyone. I used shrink-a-os to take off the presentation program...left the others. I was running about 40-45mb of free memory after my weekend wipe/OS/hybrid foray...just came up after a battery pull and shows 48mb.:arms:

We'll see how things settle in after this last tweak.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    As a clarification, you do not need a 3rd party PDF program to view that file type. The Storm will use Blackberry attachment service to open those. Granted they might not look pretty but it will work.