Maybe just a reminder? Memory cleaner.

Thread: Maybe just a reminder? Memory cleaner.

Acutepsychosis is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Maybe just a reminder? Memory cleaner.

I've never really seen of heard of this in the forums, so if it has or hasent, here's a reminder. This is just another way of clearing up some memory. I've gained just over 6mb of app memory by running memory cleaner. To use on your storm just go to options?security options?memory cleaning. Enable it (first option), then disable everything except "show on home screen" option. Save, exit and hit the lock button. It'll take 45 seconds or so to enable, then unlock your phone and ether at the bottom of your home screen or in apps, u'll have an icon called memory cleaner. Then click it and done! Free memory

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    While this topic has been discussed before it can never hurt to state it again. As an aside, the are other programs that are quite helpfully in cleaning up memory. Two that come to mind are memory booster and LogiMaid in case you want to give those a try.

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Also deleting your messages, sms inbox, call log, and event logs, along with memory clean helps alot too!

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    How do ya get to the event log?

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    In landscape mode BB button>show keyboard>lock the !?123 button>enter "/"/" (you wont see it getting typed in) and your there.. then BB button>clear log

Justin Rampage is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Justin Rampage On Twitter
    PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    In landscape mode BB button>show keyboard>lock the !?123 button>enter "/"/" (you wont see it getting typed in) and your there.. then BB button>clear log
    Now I cannot access my event log. I used Shrink-A-OS and I believe that I removed the Event Log. Even on QuickLaunch I cannot access it when I hit the Event Log button. Is it still creating an Event log and I'm just not able to access it and delete the clutter? Or do I just not have an event log and have nothing to worry about?
    5.0.0.517/.612 Lyricidal Hybrid
    My Blog: RAMPAGED REALITY
    Rampage's Online Storm Wallpaper Collection:1,600+ Quality Storm Wallpapers - Unique and Badass
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Full Metal Foil | BlackBerry Pin: 30FF5FD9
    Like my work? Feeling generous? DONATE

snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Liked
    1 times
    Is this the same Memory Cleaner that can be accessed through Quick Launch? Just curious if I need to enable it and use the icon or just let QL do it. Also, didn't I see someone mention that you should keep memory cleaner disabled as it consumes memory...or is that only if it's enabled and running when holstered, etc?

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm sure its the same as the quick launch option, but I'm not entirely sure if it uses a significant amount of memory while enabled (maybe someone else can clarify that one). I just know I have it enabled and since I've been using it, I've definitely gotten an increase of app memory. I guess uve just gotta weigh the pros n cons (if any) and :alcoholic:

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rampage View Post
    Now I cannot access my event log. I used Shrink-A-OS and I believe that I removed the Event Log. Even on QuickLaunch I cannot access it when I hit the Event Log button. Is it still creating an Event log and I'm just not able to access it and delete the clutter? Or do I just not have an event log and have nothing to worry about?
    I believe it still creates a memory log..... i always leave that option open

Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    Is this the same Memory Cleaner that can be accessed through Quick Launch? Just curious if I need to enable it and use the icon or just let QL do it. Also, didn't I see someone mention that you should keep memory cleaner disabled as it consumes memory...or is that only if it's enabled and running when holstered, etc?
    It is the same Memory Cleaner that can be accessed through QL

nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    I believe it still creates a memory log..... i always leave that option open

It is the same Memory Cleaner that can be accessed through QL
    New meterberry v1.4.5 has a memory recovery button as well as a button that automatically brings you to the event log and the option to clear it.

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    New meterberry v1.4.5 has a memory recovery button as well as a button that automatically brings you to the event log and the option to clear it.
    Yes it does, but dont use it to often, or you will start getting bad memory and battery results

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    188 times
    A few comments about the BlackBerry Memory Cleaner. First of all this feature is only turned on in certain circumstances. Second of all this is something that you BlackBerry does anyways at certain times.

What you should know is that the option is only available if you enable content protection. Also the memory cleaner is run automatically when you sync, lock the device, and other situations. It more or less just clears the cache and does garbage collection.

RIM Knowledge base:
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

CrackberryAudi is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 2 (9550)
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    While this topic has been discussed before it can never hurt to state it again. As an aside, the are other programs that are quite helpfully in cleaning up memory. Two that come to mind are memory booster and LogiMaid in case you want to give those a try.
    funny... if this was another forum... the first answer would be...
    "repost... get your flamesuit on!"

this is a great thread! good reminder for those that have missed!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:
    Last edited by Neolantis; 05-05-2009 at 02:43 AM.

snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes it does, but dont use it to often, or you will start getting bad memory and battery results
    So you wouldn't suggest setting the option to "recover memory hourly when idle"? How about the option to "clear event log hourly when idle"? Is that one not to enable either if I don't want to lose memory/battery?

I just got my updated copy (meterberry v1.4.5) installed and want to make sure I configure it so it doesn't start messing w my memory/battery.

Thanks to everyone on here for all their help!

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackberryAudi View Post
    funny... if this was another forum... the first answer would be...
    "repost... get your flamesuit on!"

this is a great thread! good reminder for those that have missed!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:
    And that's y I like it here. I just couldn't believe after everything I've done with my storm, until now I overlooked this quite helpful tool, sitting right in my options! Sweet.

:banana:

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    So you wouldn't suggest setting the option to "recover memory hourly when idle"? How about the option to "clear event log hourly when idle"? Is that one not to enable either if I don't want to lose memory/battery?

I just got my updated copy (meterberry v1.4.5) installed and want to make sure I configure it so it doesn't start messing w my memory/battery.

Thanks to everyone on here for all their help!
    I just used my recover memory button this morning after upgrading last night, im planning on just hitting the button every mornong