Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 16 of 16

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rampage View Post
    Now I cannot access my event log. I used Shrink-A-OS and I believe that I removed the Event Log. Even on QuickLaunch I cannot access it when I hit the Event Log button. Is it still creating an Event log and I'm just not able to access it and delete the clutter? Or do I just not have an event log and have nothing to worry about?
    I believe it still creates a memory log..... i always leave that option open

    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    Is this the same Memory Cleaner that can be accessed through Quick Launch? Just curious if I need to enable it and use the icon or just let QL do it. Also, didn't I see someone mention that you should keep memory cleaner disabled as it consumes memory...or is that only if it's enabled and running when holstered, etc?
    It is the same Memory Cleaner that can be accessed through QL



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    I believe it still creates a memory log..... i always leave that option open



    It is the same Memory Cleaner that can be accessed through QL
    New meterberry v1.4.5 has a memory recovery button as well as a button that automatically brings you to the event log and the option to clear it.

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    New meterberry v1.4.5 has a memory recovery button as well as a button that automatically brings you to the event log and the option to clear it.
    Yes it does, but dont use it to often, or you will start getting bad memory and battery results



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    A few comments about the BlackBerry Memory Cleaner. First of all this feature is only turned on in certain circumstances. Second of all this is something that you BlackBerry does anyways at certain times.

    What you should know is that the option is only available if you enable content protection. Also the memory cleaner is run automatically when you sync, lock the device, and other situations. It more or less just clears the cache and does garbage collection.

    RIM Knowledge base:

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 2 (9550)
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    While this topic has been discussed before it can never hurt to state it again. As an aside, the are other programs that are quite helpfully in cleaning up memory. Two that come to mind are memory booster and LogiMaid in case you want to give those a try.
    funny... if this was another forum... the first answer would be...
    "repost... get your flamesuit on!"

    this is a great thread! good reminder for those that have missed!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:
    Last edited by Neolantis; 05-05-2009 at 02:43 AM.



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Yes it does, but dont use it to often, or you will start getting bad memory and battery results
    So you wouldn't suggest setting the option to "recover memory hourly when idle"? How about the option to "clear event log hourly when idle"? Is that one not to enable either if I don't want to lose memory/battery?

    I just got my updated copy (meterberry v1.4.5) installed and want to make sure I configure it so it doesn't start messing w my memory/battery.

    Thanks to everyone on here for all their help!

  7. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackberryAudi View Post
    funny... if this was another forum... the first answer would be...
    "repost... get your flamesuit on!"

    this is a great thread! good reminder for those that have missed!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:
    And that's y I like it here. I just couldn't believe after everything I've done with my storm, until now I overlooked this quite helpful tool, sitting right in my options! Sweet.

    :banana:

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    So you wouldn't suggest setting the option to "recover memory hourly when idle"? How about the option to "clear event log hourly when idle"? Is that one not to enable either if I don't want to lose memory/battery?

    I just got my updated copy (meterberry v1.4.5) installed and want to make sure I configure it so it doesn't start messing w my memory/battery.

    Thanks to everyone on here for all their help!
    I just used my recover memory button this morning after upgrading last night, im planning on just hitting the button every mornong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •