307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times

Camera help needed

9530, OS 5.0.0.497 (newly installed after the issue started).
    Issue: trying to start the camera, I get an error message; "could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."
    Well, that's just peachy, since I have entirely wiped the device, tried several different operating systems, have tried making the camera work without personal info installed (clean OS install), No apps were present (besides the pushed content, including that infernal NFL one which has been screwing with the device since it appeared).
    Got any clues how this may be fixed, or do I have to bite the bullet and swap devices?
    Or should I just go with a droid? I'm getting so sick of the constant tweaking involved with this thing.
    BTW, this is my G/F's device, and she doesn't mess with it, besides battery pulls and keeping it charged up.

Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    On my 9530... It was a memory issue for me. I could do a battery pull and it would be just fine after reboot. When the memory leaked away... No camera! Are you using shrink??? Have tried vzw official??? I went S2, and haven't had a problem since. S1 is only used to help out with for beta purposes now!
    Posted via mobile device

dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Liked
    1 times
    Just to clarify, 5.0.0.497 is a OS for a 9520, not a 9530. Is this a hybrid of some sort? Please confirm exactly which device and OS you are running. Thanks.

Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    9530 with a lyricidal hybrid. the problem started with official .419 and I decided it might be time for an upgrade. the OS does not seem to change the outcome.
    This cam e on suddenly, without any external changes done by myself or Judi (my G/F). it started happening right after the NFL icon appeared on the screen, even though everybody has told me this has nothing to do with it and there is nothing I can do to get rid of it.
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    It seems to me the NFL icon is coincidental, but we have NEVER had a problem with her device until it showed up. She was rather not impressed with the fact she missed getting pictures of the kids and the car show we went to today and this really irritated me.
    I just feel it may have something to do with the pushed content getting in the way of device functions in some unknown way and I'm really getting sick of it. I pay a premium price for premium service and the provider is hampering it.
    Is there a way to find out if there is a memory allocation that is conflicting the camera function? If not, am I stuck with a broken device? If big red is going to continue pushing content that proves malevolent to the device integrity, I certainly do not want to upgrade and be stuck with another two-year contract.

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times
    Hardware failure, just coincidental it happened about the same time as the pushed NFL icon showed up. Not aware of any software fix for this issue.

PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    I kinda figured it but it was definitely irritating when the icon showed up, my device started freezing and hers was freezing and the camera stopped working.
    Good thing I'm still under a year on these devices and can get a replacement for hardware if needed.
    Thanx for the help.

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Start from step 1 and work your way up. Load an older OS and work up from there.

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    [QUOTE=Bugly;197815]
    Is there a way to find out if there is a memory allocation that is conflicting the camera function?

You can delete the service book for the NFL. This will temporarily get rid of the NFL and icon long enough for you to test the camera. This should tell you if it's related to the NFL icon.

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    How much memory do you have after reboot???
    Posted via mobile device

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Bugly I had the same thing happen to my 9530, and take my advice on this, after trying everything, swapping os, loading no apps, changing,.cod files, loading through DOS as a nuked phone the camera was still no go. The device needs replaced.

dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Liked
    1 times
    Agree with jnepsa. While pushed content is annoying, it absolutely NO affect on your camera functionality. My advice on the pushed content is just hide the icons or put them all in a folder.

PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    It was mainly an issue that it was showing itself at the exact time the NFL logo showed up. It may or may not be related, but it still p###es me off that it happened at the same time.
    Earlier OSs have had no helpful effect.
    Loading even the oldest OS available, the old 4.7 without any personal info did not help.
    I am assuming it is a hardware problem and will have to swap devices.

PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    Update:
    Went to the Verizon store today and had the techs try to revive the camera function. After several attempts, including a complete wipe of the device and start from scratch, they were unable to fix it. New device on the way via FedEx.
    Apparently, this was not a software issue after all, but they did say there have been several complaints about pushed content. Hope big red takes this to heart, the customer base will diminish if their policies don't change about forced items.