Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 20

  1. #1
    sseguin is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    none
    Device
    storm
    OS
    depends if you can help
    Posts
    63

    So many OSs and Hybrids...HELP!

    Ok, I'm a weekly visitor to this site, so much to read to keep up.

    I have the storm 9530, I have 141 installed with Hybrid 5, my about screenscreen shows V4.70.141 (platform 4.0.0.174)...am I up to date?


    Thanks,
    Steph



  2. #2
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    You are talking about Hybrid 4. You are up to date though, Crackman is working on v5 which will be out shortly.

  3. #3
    sseguin is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    none
    Device
    storm
    OS
    depends if you can help
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    You are talking about Hybrid 4. You are up to date though, Crackman is working on v5 which will be out shortly.
    I must be confused - the file is named "5.0Hybrid(x64)"?



  4. #4
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by sseguin View Post
    I must be confused - the file is named "5.0Hybrid(x64)"?
    You are using Lyrical's hybrid which is a .141/5.0 mix

  5. #5
    sseguin is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    none
    Device
    storm
    OS
    depends if you can help
    Posts
    63
    Thanks.

    Do you see any problems overwritting this hybrid with crackman's 5 hybrid when it comes out?



  6. #6
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by sseguin View Post
    Thanks.

    Do you see any problems overwritting this hybrid with crackman's 5 hybrid when it comes out?
    If it was me I would wipe the phone to get rid of the 5.0 OS files (Lyric may say different but that is IMHO). And on your PC have an OS installed with exception of .114 or .122 and you should be good to go. As it gets closer to release BBcrackman will let us all know the exact loading procedure.

  7. #7
    Scubadog's Avatar
    Scubadog is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USSA United Socialist Sates of America
    PIN
    3057DA2F
    Device
    9530
    OS
    148/181 V6
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by sseguin View Post
    Ok, I'm a weekly visitor to this site, so much to read to keep up.

    I have the storm 9530, I have 141 installed with Hybrid 5, my about screenscreen shows V4.70.141 (platform 4.0.0.174)...am I up to date?


    Thanks,
    Steph
    Ok, now I am confused. Had to get a new Storm last night, took it up to V 4 from 75. It was not a smooth process. I am showing 132 platform 162. Is this correct?

  8. #8
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubadog View Post
    Ok, now I am confused. Had to get a new Storm last night, took it up to V 4 from 75. It was not a smooth process. I am showing 132 platform 162. Is this correct?
    Yup that is correct

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •