Thread: can't load ANY OS after wiping

karen is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

can't load ANY OS after wiping

Can someone please help me before I pull my hair out, I wiped my device using JL Cmnder and I thought putting any OS on my device would be a piece of cake..not so. I can't seem to load any OS on my device, I only have one OS installed now (.132) and would like to use that one. I've tried deleting both the OS and DM and re downloaded and install....nothing. I have absolutely no idea of what do next. When I connect my DM up, it's not even recognizing me. I currently have a white screen with reload software 507. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I woke up this morning...LIFE IS GOOD

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by karen View Post
    Can someone please help me before I pull my hair out, I wiped my device using JL Cmnder and I thought putting any OS on my device would be a piece of cake..not so. I can't seem to load any OS on my device, I only have one OS installed now (.132) and would like to use that one. I've tried deleting both the OS and DM and re downloaded and install....nothing. I have absolutely no idea of what do next. When I connect my DM up, it's not even recognizing me. I currently have a white screen with reload software 507. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    No problem. Instead of using DM use apploader to install your OS. You can find that here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

First delete the vendor.xml file then run the Loader.exe file (it looks like a phone). LEt us know if that worked.

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

tried that

thanks for responding, I forgot to add that in, I use apploader (the method I prefer) and it only shows 1 app for me to install

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok Karen, the 507 error just means that there is no OS on your phone right now. First I would start by rebooting both the PC. After the PC reboots, remove the battery from your phone and plug it into your PC. After the battery has been out of the phone for at least a minute, put it back in the phone and let it reboot. It should register with your PC then. After the phone reboots, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and click on loader (looks like a phone) and follow the steps there to installing the OS. Make sure you check the boxes of what you want put back on your phone when that screen pops up.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    thanks for responding, I forgot to add that in, I use apploader (the method I prefer) and it only shows 1 app for me to install
    And you have gotten rid of the vendor.xml file?

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, I got rid of the vendor file...hopefully you'll be online for a bit. I'm gonna reboot my pc and try again to load the OS

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry jlevy types faster than me. lol Also try reading HERE. It might help.

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    If you would like. Go to our IM chatroom and we can help you there also. Its a little faster conversation.