new google maps frozen
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: new google maps frozen

  1. #1
    elliotbbs is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    PIN
    304b8fbe
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    v5.00.591
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times

    new google maps frozen

    Google maps worked perfectly before loading v4.0.1.

    Locked in portrait and keyboard. disabled compatibility mode and this allowed hide keyboard and full screen landscape and GPS found me on the map.
    That ended the good news now its frozen, the touch screen doesn't work.
    WHY PRODUCE AN "UPGRADE" THAT DOESN'T WORK.!
    Does anyone have a solution I can try?
    HELP




  2. #2
    dbone15's Avatar
    dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    1 times
    Have you tried deleting the app, batt pull and reinstall?

  3. #3
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotbbs View Post
    Google maps worked perfectly before loading v4.0.1.

    Locked in portrait and keyboard. disabled compatibility mode and this allowed hide keyboard and full screen landscape and GPS found me on the map.
    That ended the good news now its frozen, the touch screen doesn't work.
    WHY PRODUCE AN "UPGRADE" THAT DOESN'T WORK.!
    Does anyone have a solution I can try?
    HELP
    This is a BUG...here is the cure, to a point...

    When you open google maps to the map screen...from this screen, hold down the green "phone" button and speak your search. DO NOT hit the BB button and search from there...you will lock the app. Do the above as a fix...it works and the app won't freeze. Let us all know how it works for you.

    Last edited by Orio; 04-21-2010 at 03:39 PM.

  4. #4
    DABAUM's Avatar
    DABAUM is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NV
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Hybrid 5.0.0.571
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    0 times
    The update/voice commands were not worth the problems I was having. I deleted it and re-installed v 3.2.1 that I had saved on my computer. Works like it is supposed to now.
    Posted via mobile device

  5. #5
    dbone15's Avatar
    dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    1 times
    Too complex a fix IMO.

  6. #6
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbone15 View Post
    Too complex a fix IMO.
    Not at all....hold green button down from map screen & speak...actually less steps than BB button > search maps > hold down green button....speak.

    Easier buddy...

    Last edited by Orio; 04-21-2010 at 04:36 PM.

  7. #7
    Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal .419/.607 Hybrid
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    0 times
    4.0.2 is out now

  8. #8
    elliotbbs is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    PIN
    304b8fbe
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    v5.00.591
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    unfortunatly 4.0.2 is haas the same problem!
    I will try to find v3.2.1 and load it........
    BTW the voice command works but it still is frozen after it sets the start location.?

  9. #9
    Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal .419/.607 Hybrid
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    0 times
    Seems to work fine on my phone

  10. #10
    elliotbbs is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    PIN
    304b8fbe
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    v5.00.591
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    ORIO
    Thanks
    The voice works fine the gps finds me at the start
    nothing works beyond that i can chaange the start point and it works also
    but the i cannot access the "end point" or touch around the map it is basically frozen except for the "start point"
    ??

  11. #11
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotbbs View Post
    ORIO
    Thanks
    The voice works fine the gps finds me at the start
    nothing works beyond that i can chaange the start point and it works also
    but the i cannot access the "end point" or touch around the map it is basically frozen except for the "start point"
    ??
    Make sure you have v4.0.2 running...I know you mentioned it in earlier post...but just check.

    This version works...for me anyway, and others.

    Last edited by Orio; 04-22-2010 at 11:32 AM.

  12. #12
    elliotbbs is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    PIN
    304b8fbe
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    v5.00.591
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    yes 4.0.2 is running.
    i can't help but think it's something in the options settings, but what effects this app. Iwould love to get back to the original ver of google i had before thee upgrade.:aargh4:

  13. #13
    elliotbbs is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    PIN
    304b8fbe
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    v5.00.591
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    OK OK OK
    i removed 4.0.2- pulled the battery
    reloaded 4.0.2 and it requested changes in the permissions, i allowed that and pulled the battery again.
    this time when i started the app IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!

    Thanks to all!

  14. #14
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotbbs View Post
    yes 4.0.2 is running.
    i can't help but think it's something in the options settings, but what effects this app. Iwould love to get back to the original ver of google i had before thee upgrade.:aargh4:
    I'm befuddled.... It may be because you are still running .419 ( I assume you are, it's what you show)

    I have put in a help request to the Staff to see if anyone knows where you can get 3.2.1

    Be patient and check this post frequently to see if anyone has an answer.

    Best of luck friend...


  15. #15
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotbbs View Post
    OK OK OK
    i removed 4.0.2- pulled the battery
    reloaded 4.0.2 and it requested changes in the permissions, i allowed that and pulled the battery again.
    this time when i started the app IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!

    Thanks to all!
    OK !!! Glad I could help :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

    Always check permissions and default them all to ALLOW...

    Glad it worked out for you.


  16. #16
    rockistanbul is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    PIN
    20F6CC6D
    Device
    9500
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotbbs View Post
    Google maps worked perfectly before loading v4.0.1.

    Locked in portrait and keyboard. disabled compatibility mode and this allowed hide keyboard and full screen landscape and GPS found me on the map.
    That ended the good news now its frozen, the touch screen doesn't work.
    WHY PRODUCE AN "UPGRADE" THAT DOESN'T WORK.!
    Does anyone have a solution I can try?
    HELP
    Posted via mobile device

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •