Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    follow that same path hit the BB button>Edit Default Permission and that should do the trick

nolensc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    OS
    Still no luck with viewing attachments. Any other ideas?

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolensc View Post
    Still no luck with viewing attachments. Any other ideas?

Did you re-read above about your service books? Have you sent them as suggested using the path I provided (post #29)? If yes, and that didn't do the trick, I'm sorry to say I have nothing else to suggest. If not, please send the service books...it should work. Hope this works out for you. I personally had this problem andit worked for me and several others with the same issue.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-06-2009 at 03:36 PM.

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Did you re-read above about your service books? Have you sent them as suggested using the path I provided (post #29)? If yes, and that didn't do the trick, I'm sorry to say I have nothing else to suggest. If not, please send the service books...it should work. Hope this works out for you. I personally had this problem andit worked for me and several others with the same issue.
    Yeah, I followed your suggestions and sent the service books, pulled battery, wait 30 seconds, reboot, pulled battery, wait 30 seconds, reboot. Still not able to open attachments. Thanks for your help and others. I've got to run now but will try to get it working later.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Your problem is not uncommon but there seem to be several potential possibilities for it. You might want to consider reinstalling the OS and being certain that Attachment Service is checked when you go through the process.
    The last suggestion (which I would not do unless you are certain about what you are doing) is to delete your email account, recreate it, send service books...and hope!
    Sorry everything else didn't work...I don't think it's the particular OS per se causing your continuing problem.
    By the way, are you trying to view an attachment that you originally could not view or are you sending yourself a new one (after all these maneuvers) and still can not view? I ask this because another user, located on a different BB community, made the following observation after realizing he had not installed BB Attachment service. After reinstalling, he was then able to view his attachments but made the following comment, "...NOTE: The messages that I had received prior to adding the Attachment Service still gave the error message when I tried to open them. But all messages received after installing the Attachment Service opened without any problems...."
    Hopefully, other members may have additional suggestions.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-06-2009 at 05:02 PM.

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Your problem is not uncommon but there seem to be several potential possibilities for it. You might want to consider reinstalling the OS and being certain that Attachment Service is checked when you go through the process.
    The last suggestion (which I would not do unless you are certain about what you are doing) is to delete your email account, recreate it, send service books...and hope!
    Sorry everything else didn't work...I don't think it's the particular OS per se causing your continuing problem.
    By the way, are you trying to view an attachment that you originally could not view or are you sending yourself a new one (after all these maneuvers) and still can not view? I ask this because another user, located on a different BB community, made the following observation after realizing he had not installed BB Attachment service. After reinstalling, he was then able to view his attachments but made the following comment, "...NOTE: The messages that I had received prior to adding the Attachment Service still gave the error message when I tried to open them. But all messages received after installing the Attachment Service opened without any problems...."
    Hopefully, other members may have additional suggestions.
    thanks for your help once again. i sent a test message with a jpg and pdf attachments and was able to open them both. ya'll are awesome! :hail:

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Terriffic-Glad it all worked out!

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    FYI, saw this post earlier for help with PDF viewing and saw a new thread start this morning so I e-mailed Cory back and forth at least 10 times with questions and help. He is an honest person needing to rid of some extra copies. If you are looking for DocToGO premium for a great price email him
    here is the link to the post
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...mium-keys.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast