Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by caminator View Post
    Hey guys,

I really need this feature to work as I get legal contracts sent to me on almost a daily basis in pdf form. I used to have no problem opening them up, but from what I can tell, since I installed .132 and BBCM v4, I am no longer able to open up pdf files on my phone.

"The attachment type cannot be viewed on your phone." I tried putting documents-to-go back onto the phone and it seemed to help with only .doc files. Even after that, I'm still unable to open pdf's. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is very critical for me. Thanks.

Caminator and Others: Hopefully this will resolve the issue for all of you experiencing this problem.
    Unable to View Attachments: "The attachment type cannot be viewed on your phone."

Please read completely before performing the following procedures. This has resolved the issue for several members. (second step is the clincher).
    First, confirm that you have not eliminated Blackberry Attachment Service or Docs to Go when installing your OS. They need to be on your device to view some of these attachment types. Then perform the following steps:

Step 1.
    On your device do: options>advanced options>applications>look for Blackberry Attachment Services (should be near top of list)>highlight it,>Blackberry button>edit default permissions >User Data> and set to "Allow" in the User Data section. Expand that User Data section and be certain everything is "Allow". Then BB button > save.
    Pull battery, reboot and give it a go.
    (note: If your settings did not require any change, no need to perform battery pull. Go to step 2 which completes with the battery pull and reboot).

Step 2.
    Send your service books. (email settings>BB button>service books>send service books)
    Upon confirmation, pull battery, reboot.

Important Note: Please send yourself a NEW email with the appropriate attachment type(s) after you have executed the above steps in order to confirm you are now able to view attachments. The attachments that you received prior to performing these steps may still give the error message when you try to view them. But all attachments received after the above "fix" should be viewable without any problems.

You should be good to go.
    Hope this works for you.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-07-2009 at 03:13 PM.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nolensc View Post
    thanks for your help once again. i sent a test message with a jpg and pdf attachments and was able to open them both. ya'll are awesome! :hail:
    All the credit goes to Toy on this. :hail: Great job!

caminator is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm - 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine seems to be working intermittantly now. Thanks for the help. It's at least much better than it was and I'm not worried about it anymore. I'll come back if it seems to be more of a problem that I believe it will be. It seems to be working itself out and getting better at opening the pdf's more frequently....weird. Thanks guys. Once again, you come through for me!

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by caminator View Post
    Mine seems to be working intermittantly now. Thanks for the help. It's at least much better than it was and I'm not worried about it anymore. I'll come back if it seems to be more of a problem that I believe it will be. It seems to be working itself out and getting better at opening the pdf's more frequently....weird. Thanks guys. Once again, you come through for me!
    Caminator,
    I'm not 100% certain if this issue still remains for Blackberry (or your device) in general but a known issue is that only .pdf files created with Adobe distiller tools can be opened. Other .pdf files can not. If you are able to open some, but not others, this may be the cause. Here's some info which I believe(sorry if I've mis-stated the source) comes from RIM's FAQ site.
    The BlackBerry device user is unable to view a Portable Document Format (PDF) attachment on the BlackBerry device.
    Cause
    The PDF file may have been created using PDF Creator Pilot 2.x which is not an Adobe? tool. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server does not support non-Adobe distillers because some of the files they create are not standard.
    Resolution
    Use an Adobe supported PDF application to create PDF files.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-09-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123