6 times
    Nice post toy that is extremely informative. May have to sticky that one

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nolensc View Post
    I have the BB attachment service installed. Docs to Go is installed along with the PDF viewer. It is the trial version for the premium service.
    Read post #19 from toy. This may help with the problem.

nolensc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Read post #19 from toy. This may help with the problem.
    Thanks... just did the battery pull and will follow step 2 and report back. Just curious, why does it seem necessary to edit permissions on all applications for them work work properly? Seems every app I have requires permissions to be edited before things work right.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Thanks... just did the battery pull and will follow step 2 and report back. Just curious, why does it seem necessary to edit permissions on all applications for them work work properly? Seems every app I have requires permissions to be edited before things work right.
    These phones have a personality of their own. I for example have never had this problem before but many others have. The good thing is that we have helpful member like Toy who have had these issues before and provide answers to what worked for them.

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Jl...
    I hope this works for Caminator and Nolensc, who is having a similar problem. It very often is all about sending the service books. I think it should be Standard Operating procedure in all OS installation guides as it really seems to make a difference on email issues, including attachments.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-06-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

I rarely have ever had to reset permissions for an application. It could be due to the manner in which your particular default permissions are set up. In any event, it's reasonably easy to do and often solves the problems.

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Thanks Jl...
    I hope this works for Caminator and the other poster in this thread who is having a similar problem. It very often is all about sending the service books. I think it should be Standard Operating procedure in all OS installation guides as it really seems to make a difference on email issues, including attachments.
    Still no luck. I followed the steps provided above. Not sure if I did successfully sent the service books. Went to Options - Advanced Options - Service Book and clicked the BB button. No option for resending service books. I am on the BES so I logged into our server and resent the service books from there. Received a message the the service books were qued for sending but nothing else.

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I rarely have ever had to reset permissions for an application. It could be due to the manner in which your particular default permissions are set up. In any event, it's reasonably easy to do and often solves the problems.
    Is there a setting on the phone that allows you to change the default permissions?

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Nolensc - Sounds like service books have NOT been sent and received back by your phone. You will receive a confirmation screen when they are sent and an email from blackberry which you can delete. Both of these events occur within 60 seconds of sending your service books (typically). Your BES server has not done it for you...it merely qued the request; no telling when it will actually be sent. Here's the route to sending them from your phone. This should resolve the issue if history is an indicator.

email settings>BB button>service books>send service books

(you may need to look in your setup folder for the email settings folder if you don't see it elsewhere)
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-06-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    Is there a setting on the phone that allows you to change the default permissions?
    Yes there is, options>advanced>applications>highlight what you are changing>BB button>edit permissions

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Yes there is, options>advanced>applications>highlight what you are changing>BB button>edit permissions
    Sorry Stiefler, I should have been more clear in my question. Is there a way to set up the phone so that the default permissions are "universal" for all apps. I've been following the steps you described above but you have to do it for every app and seems like all permissions have to be set to "Allow" in order for the app to work properly. Didn't know if there was a way to set it up so that when an app is installed the default permissions would be "Allow" so one would not have to necessarily edit the permissions. This is probably off-topic so I apologize in advance.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    typically when installing an app, it will request the setting be altered and if you say yes, it does it automatically when installing. You should not have to reset permissions after that although it sometimes is required on a new OS.

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    follow that same path hit the BB button>Edit Default Permission and that should do the trick

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Still no luck with viewing attachments. Any other ideas?

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Still no luck with viewing attachments. Any other ideas?

Did you re-read above about your service books? Have you sent them as suggested using the path I provided (post #29)? If yes, and that didn't do the trick, I'm sorry to say I have nothing else to suggest. If not, please send the service books...it should work. Hope this works out for you. I personally had this problem andit worked for me and several others with the same issue.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-06-2009 at 03:36 PM.

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you re-read above about your service books? Have you sent them as suggested using the path I provided (post #29)? If yes, and that didn't do the trick, I'm sorry to say I have nothing else to suggest. If not, please send the service books...it should work. Hope this works out for you. I personally had this problem andit worked for me and several others with the same issue.
    Yeah, I followed your suggestions and sent the service books, pulled battery, wait 30 seconds, reboot, pulled battery, wait 30 seconds, reboot. Still not able to open attachments. Thanks for your help and others. I've got to run now but will try to get it working later.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Your problem is not uncommon but there seem to be several potential possibilities for it. You might want to consider reinstalling the OS and being certain that Attachment Service is checked when you go through the process.
    The last suggestion (which I would not do unless you are certain about what you are doing) is to delete your email account, recreate it, send service books...and hope!
    Sorry everything else didn't work...I don't think it's the particular OS per se causing your continuing problem.
    By the way, are you trying to view an attachment that you originally could not view or are you sending yourself a new one (after all these maneuvers) and still can not view? I ask this because another user, located on a different BB community, made the following observation after realizing he had not installed BB Attachment service. After reinstalling, he was then able to view his attachments but made the following comment, "...NOTE: The messages that I had received prior to adding the Attachment Service still gave the error message when I tried to open them. But all messages received after installing the Attachment Service opened without any problems...."
    Hopefully, other members may have additional suggestions.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-06-2009 at 05:02 PM.

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Your problem is not uncommon but there seem to be several potential possibilities for it. You might want to consider reinstalling the OS and being certain that Attachment Service is checked when you go through the process.
    The last suggestion (which I would not do unless you are certain about what you are doing) is to delete your email account, recreate it, send service books...and hope!
    Sorry everything else didn't work...I don't think it's the particular OS per se causing your continuing problem.
    By the way, are you trying to view an attachment that you originally could not view or are you sending yourself a new one (after all these maneuvers) and still can not view? I ask this because another user, located on a different BB community, made the following observation after realizing he had not installed BB Attachment service. After reinstalling, he was then able to view his attachments but made the following comment, "...NOTE: The messages that I had received prior to adding the Attachment Service still gave the error message when I tried to open them. But all messages received after installing the Attachment Service opened without any problems...."
    Hopefully, other members may have additional suggestions.
    thanks for your help once again. i sent a test message with a jpg and pdf attachments and was able to open them both. ya'll are awesome! :hail:

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Terriffic-Glad it all worked out!

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Liked
    0 times
    FYI, saw this post earlier for help with PDF viewing and saw a new thread start this morning so I e-mailed Cory back and forth at least 10 times with questions and help. He is an honest person needing to rid of some extra copies. If you are looking for DocToGO premium for a great price email him
    here is the link to the post
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...mium-keys.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast