Thread: Weatherbug not working with device GPS

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS

Weatherbug not working with device GPS

I noticed in a couple other threads, that Weatherbug needs BBMaps to work. What is the connection. I have both on my phone, but Weatherbug will not automatically find my location. How do I get the GPS to work on it?

hxsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    451 Hybrid
    I have noticed that if you recently upgraded your os you need to open bb maps and get the gps working there by doing a location search for 'where am I'. You only need to do this once to 'jump start' the gps and then everything will be fine from there. I am not sure why this works but it has always done the trick for me.

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    He is correct, make sure bbmaps is installed and up once and you should be fine, i made the mistake once deleting bbmaps because i used google maps more and weatherbug stopped working, them only way to get bbmaps back was reload the os part of it thru loader.

bgunckel is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    Both of you are correct. However...

I think you should consider not using My Location on Weatherbug. It is a nice feature, but it uses lots and lots of application memory. If you disable it, and then use the New Location functionality it will get its information from a specified weather station on a scheduled basis. That way, the application only uses available app memory every so often (the default is every 30 mins., I think) rather than constantly pinging for satelite info.