View Poll Results: (Added Option) Do you agree with JLevy, BlackberryOS or the Compromise?

Voters
74. This poll is closed
  • JLevy

    15 20.27%
  • BlackberryOS

    39 52.70%
  • Neo's Compromise

    20 27.03%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 44

  1. #17
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    I don't like either, now that you ask.

    BBCrackman V4/5.0 Hybrid

    9530 .141/5.0[9000] Hybrid (BETA

    The above are posted under "Lyricidal Hybrid"... therein lies the problem...Lyricidal needs to distinguish his Hybrids with more definition.

    Leave "BBcrackman" out of the title to start with.
    Last edited by cruznthru; 05-03-2009 at 04:43 PM.



  2. #18
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Anyone else care to vote on this issue?

  3. #19
    jpking's Avatar
    jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    I agree with you both. It IS easier to find the different hybrids (& Lyricidal's Shrink-A-OS). It's nice because it puts all the software downloads in one easy to find place, but at the same time, it does seem a little more difficult to find the answers to questions when troubleshooting because they may be located in a few different locations. So either way you decide to do it, there's going to be pros & cons. Just my .02



  4. #20
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by jpking View Post
    I agree with you both. It IS easier to find the different hybrids (& Lyricidal's Shrink-A-OS). It's nice because it puts all the software downloads in one easy to find place, but at the same time, it does seem a little more difficult to find the answers to questions when troubleshooting because they may be located in a few different locations. So either way you decide to do it, there's going to be pros & cons. Just my .02
    Thanks JP.

  5. #21
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    I agree with both sides...


    On one side yes, it is easy for members to find what they are looking for, but then they post their questions in the wrong section. On the other side, it makes things a bit too spread out.

    The solution that will be a nice compromise between the two ideas and I feel will solve everything is to put the Sections back the way they were BUT add two Stickies at the top of the OS Section.

    One would be for BBC Hybrids and the other would be for Lyricidal Hybrids. In each one of these sticky threads they can have links to their appropriate thread. An example would be in the BBC Sticky put V1 with a link to the V1 thread and so on.
    So, it wont matter what page it is on and how buried it gets. It is very visible and in the OS section and would make everyone happy.

    I think this would solve both sides. Either way works for me.



  6. #22
    jpking's Avatar
    jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    I agree with both sides...


    On one side yes, it is easy for members to find what they are looking for, but then they post their questions in the wrong section. On the other side, it makes things a bit too spread out.
    Yes...

    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    The solution that will be a nice compromise between the two ideas and I feel will solve everything is to put the Sections back the way they were BUT add two Stickies at the top of the OS Section.

    One would be for BBC Hybrids and the other would be for Lyricidal Hybrids. In each one of these sticky threads they can have links to their appropriate thread. An example would be in the BBC Sticky put V1 with a link to the V1 thread and so on.
    So, it wont matter what page it is on and how buried it gets. It is very visible and in the OS section and would make everyone happy.

    I think this would solve both sides. Either way works for me.
    ...and Yes

  7. #23
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Neo that is a great suggestion, I think that will accomplish the best of both worlds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    I agree with both sides...


    On one side yes, it is easy for members to find what they are looking for, but then they post their questions in the wrong section. On the other side, it makes things a bit too spread out.

    The solution that will be a nice compromise between the two ideas and I feel will solve everything is to put the Sections back the way they were BUT add two Stickies at the top of the OS Section.

    One would be for BBC Hybrids and the other would be for Lyricidal Hybrids. In each one of these sticky threads they can have links to their appropriate thread. An example would be in the BBC Sticky put V1 with a link to the V1 thread and so on.
    So, it wont matter what page it is on and how buried it gets. It is very visible and in the OS section and would make everyone happy.

    I think this would solve both sides. Either way works for me.

  8. #24
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    It was something I thought of when I first saw it but never had the time to express. That's why when I voted even though it was against Brett (and I felt bad) I could also understand his thinking as well. I love the organization, I feel that this idea may tighten it up a bit more and make the moderating a touch easier too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •