(Added Option) Do you like the breakdown in the 9530 Operating Software? - Page 2

View Poll Results: (Added Option) Do you agree with JLevy, BlackberryOS or the Compromise?

Voters
74. This poll is closed
  • JLevy

15 20.27%
  • BlackberryOS

39 52.70%
  • Neo's Compromise

20 27.03%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (Added Option) Do you like the breakdown in the 9530 Operating Software?

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    I agree with both sides...

On one side yes, it is easy for members to find what they are looking for, but then they post their questions in the wrong section. On the other side, it makes things a bit too spread out.

The solution that will be a nice compromise between the two ideas and I feel will solve everything is to put the Sections back the way they were BUT add two Stickies at the top of the OS Section.

One would be for BBC Hybrids and the other would be for Lyricidal Hybrids. In each one of these sticky threads they can have links to their appropriate thread. An example would be in the BBC Sticky put V1 with a link to the V1 thread and so on.
    So, it wont matter what page it is on and how buried it gets. It is very visible and in the OS section and would make everyone happy.

I think this would solve both sides. Either way works for me.

Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post

On one side yes, it is easy for members to find what they are looking for, but then they post their questions in the wrong section. On the other side, it makes things a bit too spread out.
    Yes...

The solution that will be a nice compromise between the two ideas and I feel will solve everything is to put the Sections back the way they were BUT add two Stickies at the top of the OS Section.

One would be for BBC Hybrids and the other would be for Lyricidal Hybrids. In each one of these sticky threads they can have links to their appropriate thread. An example would be in the BBC Sticky put V1 with a link to the V1 thread and so on.
    So, it wont matter what page it is on and how buried it gets. It is very visible and in the OS section and would make everyone happy.

...and Yes

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Neo that is a great suggestion, I think that will accomplish the best of both worlds.

Liked
    189 times
    It was something I thought of when I first saw it but never had the time to express. That's why when I voted even though it was against Brett (and I felt bad) I could also understand his thinking as well. I love the organization, I feel that this idea may tighten it up a bit more and make the moderating a touch easier too.

skeletallightning is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jpking View Post
    I agree with you both. It IS easier to find the different hybrids (& Lyricidal's Shrink-A-OS). It's nice because it puts all the software downloads in one easy to find place, but at the same time, it does seem a little more difficult to find the answers to questions when troubleshooting because they may be located in a few different locations. So either way you decide to do it, there's going to be pros & cons. Just my .02
    i agree with jp. i think the way it's organized now is better than having all the threads mixed up, but maybe hybrid troubleshooting should have a separate section so it's all in one place, while the downloads, findings, etc. are in the respective bbc/lyricidal sections.

maybe that's breaking it down too much for this board, but i like to have everything in its place

EDIT: i responded before i looked at the second page, haha. neo's idea is the best so far, and i think it does accomplish the goals of both organization and ease of use at the same time.
    Last edited by skeletallightning; 05-05-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    i would turn it all in for late nights and impossible dreams.

Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    The reason I am here compared to the other site is the support, ability to get things done, fun community, and so on. I would not want to see waste and clutter and having to dig deep to find what I am looking for. I like Neo's suggestion so far and let's me off the hook of having to vote for the two primay suggestions and suffer the selective deleation of the loosing side. ;-) But I know that would never happen.........or would it??????

Happy Cinco De Mayo to all and to all a good day and pace yourselves if you are going to take in many, many shots this afternoon.
    P. Blakeney

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Liked
    0 times
    Official leaks
    BBCrackmens Hybrids
    Lyricidal's Hybrids
    Other Hybrids

PS GOD RULES

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Wow. Im killing at you JLevy :-p

What if I combine the two hybrids into one section?

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Wow. Im killing at you JLevy :-p

What do you think of Neo's suggestion:

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm with Jlevy on this one.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    I like Neo's suggestion but in the interim, has anyone considered changing the description under Lyric's Hybrid sub forum?

Currently Reads As:
    Lyricidal Hybrid
    iscuss/download Official and/or Beta leaked OS for Blackberry Storm and Hybrids
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-06-2009 at 01:29 AM.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I like the idea on the stickys in the os section, one for bbc & one for lyricidal.

I like how the "Official Release Operating Software" & "Leaked Beta Operating Software" are set up as stickys at the top of the os section.. I always know exactly where to go to get any os download I want/need.

I think you should add a "BBC Hybrids" & "Lyricidal's Hydrids" sticky at the top of the "9530 Operating Software" section (with the "Official Release Operating Software" & "Leaked Beta Operating Software"). When you open "BBC Hybrids" sticky, it will list all of his Hybrids, & the same for lyricidal. Then simply list each hybrid as a clickable link, so that when you click on it, it will take you to the thread with that download, AND findings pertaining to that hybrid. Just like you already have done under "Sticky: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...re-9530-a.html" In fact, just rename that as "BBC Hybrids" ...voila! Then do the same setup with "Lyricidal's Hybrids"

Might sound complicated but, read through it carefully, it'll actually make everything very simple & organized.
    Last edited by jpking; 05-08-2009 at 03:26 AM.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Good suggestion JP I like it a lot. I think this would make finding things very easy.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Jlev, not sure if that's exactly what Neo was saying, but I think it makes the most sense and will make things very easy to find.

Neo, if that IS exactly what you had in mind, then I apologize, you deserve full credit. You're the one that got me thinking about stickys & the best solution for this anyway.
    Last edited by jpking; 05-08-2009 at 03:33 AM.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Your suggestion was very close to what Neo had to say but irrespective of that, it's always good to get feedback from our members. We are always striving to improve the site and the ease in which everyone can obtain info. If you think of anything else please let us know.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    This also works. Just add lyricidal's hybrids to the "Sticky: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...re-9530-a.html"

Then we can just leave feedback, input, findings in the thread of the respective hybrid we're referring to.
    Last edited by jpking; 05-08-2009 at 03:42 AM.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I think one of you mods should change my user title to "BlackberryOS Consultant" hahahaha

Liked
    189 times
    I like the idea on the stickys in the os section, one for bbc & one for lyricidal.

I like how the "Official Release Operating Software" & "Leaked Beta Operating Software" are set up as stickys at the top of the os section.. I always know exactly where to go to get any os download I want/need.

I think you should add a "BBC Hybrids" & "Lyricidal's Hydrids" sticky at the top of the "9530 Operating Software" section (with the "Official Release Operating Software" & "Leaked Beta Operating Software"). When you open "BBC Hybrids" sticky, it will list all of his Hybrids, & the same for lyricidal. Then simply list each hybrid as a clickable link, so that when you click on it, it will take you to the thread with that download, AND findings pertaining to that hybrid. Just like you already have done under "Sticky: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...re-9530-a.html" In fact, just rename that as "BBC Hybrids" ...voila! Then do the same setup with "Lyricidal's Hybrids"

Might sound complicated but, read through it carefully, it'll actually make everything very simple & organized.
    Thanks Jlev, not sure if that's exactly what Neo was saying, but I think it makes the most sense and will make things very easy to find.

Neo, if that IS exactly what you had in mind, then I apologize, you deserve full credit. You're the one that got me thinking about stickys & the best solution for this anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Your suggestion was very close to what Neo had to say but irrespective of that, it's always good to get feedback from our members. We are always striving to improve the site and the ease in which everyone can obtain info. If you think of anything else please let us know.
    Yes to all three, No worries...It's good to see that somebody else can understand what I was saying. lol

Liked
    189 times
    Out of curiousity, I added another option. see OP

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    So, Jlevy and I are debating if it really makes it easier or if it makes it more of a hassle. Jlevy says its a hassle and requires you to search for a question and does not add any ease to this and think it would be better to remove those sections. I on the other hand think it is more organized and easier to find answers since you its broken down by "crackman hybrids, Lyricid Hybrids and Operating Softwares.

So. Do you agree with Jlevy or Me?

--- Or ---

Compromise
    i would go with neo if i could vote again :0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast