Thread: blackberry maps is missing

jserr1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    before that on your phone go options>advandced options>applications> and see if its there, other wise you are very possibly not checking it to be installed when you do the install.
    Not there... Can the google map block out BBmap?? This has stumped me in the worse way... Cant figure it out. I did all the above, wipe, BB web-site (non-working) link, checked app loader, DM, wipe again, and checked all files on device for this BBmaps... Cant find it at all. I appreciate everyones responses... Gonna see if the upgrade to hybrid 5.1 did something..

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jserr1 View Post
    Not there... Can the google map block out BBmap?? This has stumped me in the worse way... Cant figure it out. I did all the above, wipe, BB web-site (non-working) link, checked app loader, DM, wipe again, and checked all files on device for this BBmaps... Cant find it at all. I appreciate everyones responses... Gonna see if the upgrade to hybrid 5.1 did something..
    try doin it with out installing google maps

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Site does not work or provide any info... i did wipe and reinstalled 132/5.1 ... bbm still missing. i think ill downgrade to .75 to see if it appears...
    It's an OTA download. Do it from your phones browser.

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Although this may seem obvious, please go through all your folders and be absolutely certain you aren't hiding any icons.
    If you've done options > advanced options > applications and you see Blackberry Maps listed (toward the top of the list - like 4th down or so) then the application is ON your device. You may have the icon hidden on the main application screen or in another folder.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-17-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by siasquad View Post
    plug in your phone to your computer. then go to C: programfiles/commonfiles/reasearchinmotion/apploder/ then double click loader then just load the os again and just make sure bbmaps is checked off. hope this works for you
    That is the correct way to do it...

Once this screen comes up you need to check the box and continue the installation. It's hard to read, the arrow is pointing at Blackberry Maps.

Questions? Let us know.
    Last edited by Neolantis; 05-17-2009 at 07:46 PM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Neo pegged it. But if its not on the list, here is the OTA link, I just tried it, and worked fine, http://na.blackberry.com/eng/mapgen. Right from your phones broswer.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by mule0331
    Neo pegged it. But if its not on the list, here is the OTA link, I just tried it, and worked fine, http://na.blackberry.com/eng/mapgen. Right from your phones broswer.
    Nice find mule. It might be worth throwing that link on the 3rd parties thread.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    Neo pegged it. But if its not on the list, here is the OTA link, I just tried it, and worked fine, BlackBerry - Maps Generator. Right from your phones broswer.
    Ok, here is what I've found regarding your posted link for an OTA D/L of the BB Maps.

Using the link you provided I get to this screen:

Then when choosing Download I get this:

So looking back at the first pic this is only a good link for the 4.1 and 4.2.x OS's.

This will not work with the Storm because it uses 4.7.x.x

So anyone needing BB Maps please use the above directions in post #25.

Thanks

jserr1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post

Once this screen comes up you need to check the box and continue the installation. It's hard to read, the arrow is pointing at Blackberry Maps.
    I really appreciate all post... I have followed each recommendation and all have failed. I followed this option and have all but BBmaps. There is no BBmaps box to check, nor does it even show on the list. I am gonna do a last wipe, reinstall .75 and see if it shows up again. If not, Ill deal with google maps... and yes, I totally removed google maps. I also searched all folders, reinstalled 132/5.1 (3 times), even went to backups from January, and can not seem to locate file in device or DM. Im just totaly lost and stumped on this issue. All bc I wanted the Weather Bug... UGH...... haahaha
    Last edited by Neolantis; 05-18-2009 at 03:23 PM.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    [QUOTE=jserr1;27299]

I really appreciate all post... I have followed each recommendation and all have failed. I followed this option and have all but BBmaps. There is no BBmaps box to check, nor does it even show on the list. I am gonna do a last wipe, reinstall .75 and see if it shows up again. If not, Ill deal with google maps... and yes, I totally removed google maps. I also searched all folders, reinstalled 132/5.1 (3 times), even went to backups from January, and can not seem to locate file in device or DM. Im just totaly lost and stumped on this issue. All bc I wanted the Weather Bug... UGH...... haahaha

actually it sounds like you need to uninstall and delete the os version you have on your pc re download it and install it like completely remove it and get a new version, then try again

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Damn weatherbug lol

I agree reinstall .75 this might help resolved your issue.

[QUOTE=jserr1;27299]

Liked
    188 times
    I really appreciate all post... I have followed each recommendation and all have failed. I followed this option and have all but BBmaps. There is no BBmaps box to check, nor does it even show on the list.
    What is showing for choices to check off?
    Do you have a picture?
    Last edited by Neolantis; 05-18-2009 at 03:24 PM.

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    If it's not showing up in the list generated during loader.exe install, it sounds like it was deleted along the way. Have you ever used Shrink a OS? I can't think of any other way this application would have been removed unless the cod files were manually deleted. Short of going back to .75, I'm wondering if you are reinstalling (you mentioned 3 times) from the same OS file or have you removed the OS files from your PC, redownloaded the requisite OS files for this hybrid, reinstalled on your PC (ie. started from scratch)? I'd suggest this as a possible solution.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-18-2009 at 10:23 PM.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    jserr1, I think your best bet would be to back everything up (including 3rd party apps)...Uninstall all OS from your computer, wipe the phone with JL_Cmder, download and install the OS of you choice to PC and then load it to phone. Remember to delete the vendor.xml file. Let us know if you get your phone up and running with BB Maps

Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    If it's not showing up in the list generated during loader.exe install, it sounds like it was deleted along the way. Have you ever used Shrink a OS? I can't think of any other way this application would have been removed unless the cod files were manually deleted. Short of going back to .75, I'm wondering if you are reinstalling (you mentioned 3 times) from the same OS file or have you removed the OS files from your PC, redownloaded the requisite OS files for this hybrid, reinstalled on your PC (ie. started from scratch)? I'd suggest this as a possible solution.
    that is a very good point...i would do exactly that.

download the original os and do it from there. if it is not in the list it had to of been removed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12