Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Need Some Help On EDGE - BBstorm 9530

Hello Everyone,

My first forum..

I am using BBstorm 9530 unlocked piece from Verizon . Now i am in India got Airtel Local Subsc.. got unlimited plan for BIS.

Calls and SMS are working fine.

I am using 5.0.0.419
    IMEI number is 3521xxxxxxxxx. I changed the number to my new number using ##000000. Also configured MNC and MCC codes to 404 and 49 which is india and Airtel.
    But still egde is in lower case. Browser is not working and unable to connect any instant messengers.
    Even i tried Opera Mini by configuring TCP/IP settings to airtelgrps.com but no use.
    I tried re-provisioning the BIS services more then couple of times. tried hard reset of the Device
    Then i tried #help* or #4357* i can see under device capabilities SMS,Packet Data, Voice Capacable,GPS enabled.

I tried downloading Hybrid O.s 10 but it shows download is not available.

Please advice what are the steps i need to perform

Regards,

sk7777
    Last edited by Tevansny; 03-30-2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Removed IMEI number for security purposes

Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry for delay...was middle of the night here

I would make sure your service books are sent...and your registration is sent ( options > advanced options > Host routing table > BB key > register now.)

Here is a tutorial which might help you.
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/r...ete-guide.html

Hope this helps...check back and let us know.

sk7777 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the information but i tried many times but service books are not getting registered properly but i can pop-up message " Registration Message sent " but the Airtel REP says they didn't receive on their end. I feel the request is hitting Verizon but not my New Airtel.

please advice .

Regards,

SK7777

PIN
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried on a different blackberry mobile, EDGE is in upper case. Seems to be something wrong with this Unlocked piece.

Regards,

SK7777

ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    First things first, please remove your IMEI. It's possible to completely disable a phone by stealing the IMEI and yours is open to public access right now!

Secondly, I see you tried a lot to get it goin'. Can you try an OS wipe? Not a hybrid, but an official (or leaked) OS.
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

PIN
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    O.s Wiped .. latest version v 5.0.0.419
    Still same thing. edge is in small case .. internet is not working

Can anyone clarify my questions :

After we unlock the Storm using some unlock code. Only the sim slot will be released or it will get completely free from the vendor like verizon.

Regards,

sk7777

ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Generally when you unlock a device, it only affects the GSM side (Sim slot). It normally doesn't affect the CDMA side. For the CDMA side to be affected you have to actually have that company you want to switch to format it with their information. It's a pain I know, but some things are worth it! (BB). Lol
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

PIN
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    So CDMA Edit Screen ##000000

By changing MCC , MNC

Home System Registration - false

SID registration , NID registration - false will not help much ?

Can some one help to change the radio file ? and its location ?

Regards,

Sk7777

rcorry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30613e8d
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBCrackman V6 w/.90 Radio
    Liked
    0 times
    Your problem is going to be you need the service books for your carrier. When I unlocked my Storm, I had to upload from my computer the service books for AT&T or not be able to obtain an 'EDGE' signal. - This isn't the service books for email, the web-browser needs some basic info in order to able to connect to the host. Ordinarily it would be automatic, but the 9530 most likely isn't sold by your carrier and their system doesn't recognize the IMEI to send the necessary files. (Same thing occurs with us US users not on Verizon).

You can follow the service book procedure for AT&T or TMO and substitute the books from any Blackberry running 4.5x or higher OS that works on your carrier's system. Use the BBDM software to copy the files off.

Madasafish is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Madasafish On Twitter
    PIN
    suck it...
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    BB10
    Carrier
    Liked
    3 times
    Who installed your OS?
    Has the vendor file been left in it?

My Storm is unlocked and connects to both networks I use, one in Trinidad and one in the UK, and it originates from Germany.
    I dont have to change anything at all except the physical SIM card so I cant understand why other settings need to change in a phone?

If anyone can let me know why/what you have to change I will look into mine and see what my settings are. This may help this chap out?

loffredo is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    24d876c7
    Device
    z30 sta100-2
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I had a similar problem in Ecuador,when I got my unlocked 9530. The original carrier wouldn't recognize it, and when I tried the other company, the salesman tried his sim in my equipment, and the service books immediately were received. I switched carriers then and there! My son bought an unlocked 9500 and his worked with the original carrier. I still don't know why that happened.

mannjyot is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

need help

hi buddy .

Im also using bb storm i bought it from canada of bell now using here in india using airtel but having sm problems with the phone can u plzz contact me .
    My email id is mannjyot@gmail.com

anunay is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times

Unlocked verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 on Airtel

Hi Friend,
    Faced the same issue, bought verizon unlocked BB Storm 9530 from ebay. Everything working fine except BB services i.e. BIS, BES and BBM. Tried various things suggested from Customer care from airtel, downgraded my OS, Reprovisioned my BB service, swapped sim card twice, fresh installed the OS again.

I tried using vodafone prepaid assuming, its working perfectly alright except EDGE goes to lower case sometimes and i have to send registration message again via OPtions>Advanced settings, Host routing table>BB Key and then register, and it works.

However I got vodafone prepaid connection just for test purposes and I cannot switch from my airtel connection.

Please suggest as if BB working perfectly on vodafone India then there is nothing wrong with the handset for sure

Stainer1 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Madasafish View Post
    Who installed your OS?
    Has the vendor file been left in it?

My Storm is unlocked and connects to both networks I use, one in Trinidad and one in the UK, and it originates from Germany.
    I dont have to change anything at all except the physical SIM card so I cant understand why other settings need to change in a phone?

If anyone can let me know why/what you have to change I will look into mine and see what my settings are. This may help this chap out?
    Hi everyone ,wonerfull forum but hoping for some help here from anyone,but with regards to madasafish i too live in trinidad,got unlocked storm 9530 but still edge in lower case,can't get service books tried registering still to to avail.who unlocked your phone,and what Os are you running?Any info will be greatly appreciated.Thanks,.

teostar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow teostar On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    1015/latest hybrid
    Liked
    9 times
    i'm not in trinidad, but you will have to sign up for the bis service 1st, and depending on your service provder the 9530 may not work. if you servce provider is a straight GSM network it should work no problem. but here in Jamaica Claro a CDMA/switching to gsm(ie they were cdma, but now transitioning over to gsm. but still have both running on their network the 9530 will not work only 9500.)
    hope this helped.

pujasane is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I have been facing a similar problem with my unlocked storm 9530. I activated my data plan two days prior. I am using vodafone services in India. It shows edge and not EDGE. Please help me with this. Thanks.