Media Card not detected in storm

Thread: Media Card not detected in storm

WVULing is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Media Card not detected in storm

First of all, thank you everyone here for the great work. First blackberry and absolutely love it. Learn a lot on this thread.
    So to the question at hand. I accidentally got water on the phone saturday. Immediate battery, SIM card, and media card pull and used cool blow dryer on phone for 15 minutes. Got the screen to work again (flickered and shut off after water spill). Phone works great but it seems that the memory card is not detected in the phone or by the computer. shut off phone, media card out, battery pull, media card in, battery in. No such luck. Any thoughts?

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WVULing View Post
    First of all, thank you everyone here for the great work. First blackberry and absolutely love it. Learn a lot on this thread.
    So to the question at hand. I accidentally got water on the phone saturday. Immediate battery, SIM card, and media card pull and used cool blow dryer on phone for 15 minutes. Got the screen to work again (flickered and shut off after water spill). Phone works great but it seems that the memory card is not detected in the phone or by the computer. shut off phone, media card out, battery pull, media card in, battery in. No such luck. Any thoughts?
    There's a good chance the media card was damged by the water spill. It looks like you took all the necessary steps. You can try another media card and see if that works. If not may have to replace your phone.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Jlevy. I'll try that. Good thing I purchased the insurance. If I have to get a replacement should I downgrade to .75?

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks Jlevy. I'll try that. Good thing I purchased the insurance. If I have to get a replacement should I downgrade to .75?
    Yes be sure to put .75 back on there before sending your phone back. For that matter make sure to put .75 on if just going into the store to have a tech look at it. When I went to get my replacement (I had to have the store look at it first), the first thing the employee did was check my OS.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    I would downgrade just to be sure. VZW does not support leaked hybrids.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Retarded I say!! VZW needs to make there customers a little happier and get a release out. Although these leaks and hybrids have been fantastic. Haven't tried BBC v4 yet but sure it is great. Had BBC v3.5 before 132 and that was good. Will test out once I get the media card fixed. Thanks for the help again. I am gonna pick up a media card at WalMart and if that doesn't work just take it to the local store.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    I've returned 2 storms and made sure to downgrade first....asking for trouble if you don't.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

terrycctt is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    132 strait
    Liked
    0 times
    man i asked the store manager awhile back and he told me as long as its bb software it wasnt a big deal. i dont think i am gonna take the chance though.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I went ahead and downgraded to 75. Man this software is slow. I feel like I went back to the original AOL Dial up the way it is moving.

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I've returned 2 storms and made sure to downgrade first....asking for trouble if you don't.
    I agree Rellims, It only takes one ego tripping CS guy that thinks he knows way more than he does to make an issue about it. There's a few out there, but for the most part, the VZW CS guys in my area are pretty good to deal with. I used to go there about twice a month when I had moto razr's. They all had Alltel firmware on them. I never put VZW back on them, but I made sure who was working before I went in. I once broke a front LCD screen dropping it and one of there "Wonder" salesman waited on me. He told me that they never exchange phones for user abuse. He tried to get my info to turn in a insurance replacement for 50 bucks. I said no thanks, I will wait and take to someone who knew what they were talking about. Went in the next day and one of the CS guys I knew replaced it no questions asked. I waved my new phone to the salesman on the way out. lol

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    I agree Rellims, It only takes one ego tripping CS guy that thinks he knows way more than he does to make an issue about it. There's a few out there, but for the most part, the VZW CS guys in my area are pretty good to deal with. I used to go there about twice a month when I had moto razr's. They all had Alltel firmware on them. I never put VZW back on them, but I made sure who was working before I went in. I once broke a front LCD screen dropping it and one of there "Wonder" salesman waited on me. He told me that they never exchange phones for user abuse. He tried to get my info to turn in a insurance replacement for 50 bucks. I said no thanks, I will wait and take to someone who knew what they were talking about. Went in the next day and one of the CS guys I knew replaced it no questions asked. I waved my new phone to the salesman on the way out. lol
    Haha, that's funny. If possible I try never to deal with people at VZW stores. No offense to those who work at VZW but my experience has been abysmal. I always seem to get much better customer service if I call VZW tech. I have replace 4 phones that way no questions asked.

YukonCornelius is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Currently? iOS 4
    Liked
    0 times
    Before you take it back to VZ, try doing a "CHKDSK" and repair it in Windows. Mine went "unrecognized" for no reason a couple of weeks back. A CHKDSK found and repaired an error on it, works fine since... Just my Two Cents...

PS - use a media card adapter and do it outside of the phone. Windows still wouldn't recognize it via usb when in the phone.
    Last edited by YukonCornelius; 04-29-2009 at 11:02 AM.
    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Kinda on the same subject, but I've read in a couple of different places and sites, that uncooked white rice attracts water molecules. They all say if your phone gets wet, put it in a jar of white rice (burried) and the rice will draw all the water out of the phone in a day or 2.

Johnny-5 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Constantly Changing so lost track!?!
    Liked
    0 times
    Its interesting I had a damaged media card which wont read and told VZ about it and they said its considered an accessory and will not cover it. Anyone else encounter this?