Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Device
    OS
    I went ahead and downgraded to 75. Man this software is slow. I feel like I went back to the original AOL Dial up the way it is moving.

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I've returned 2 storms and made sure to downgrade first....asking for trouble if you don't.
    I agree Rellims, It only takes one ego tripping CS guy that thinks he knows way more than he does to make an issue about it. There's a few out there, but for the most part, the VZW CS guys in my area are pretty good to deal with. I used to go there about twice a month when I had moto razr's. They all had Alltel firmware on them. I never put VZW back on them, but I made sure who was working before I went in. I once broke a front LCD screen dropping it and one of there "Wonder" salesman waited on me. He told me that they never exchange phones for user abuse. He tried to get my info to turn in a insurance replacement for 50 bucks. I said no thanks, I will wait and take to someone who knew what they were talking about. Went in the next day and one of the CS guys I knew replaced it no questions asked. I waved my new phone to the salesman on the way out. lol

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    I agree Rellims, It only takes one ego tripping CS guy that thinks he knows way more than he does to make an issue about it. There's a few out there, but for the most part, the VZW CS guys in my area are pretty good to deal with. I used to go there about twice a month when I had moto razr's. They all had Alltel firmware on them. I never put VZW back on them, but I made sure who was working before I went in. I once broke a front LCD screen dropping it and one of there "Wonder" salesman waited on me. He told me that they never exchange phones for user abuse. He tried to get my info to turn in a insurance replacement for 50 bucks. I said no thanks, I will wait and take to someone who knew what they were talking about. Went in the next day and one of the CS guys I knew replaced it no questions asked. I waved my new phone to the salesman on the way out. lol
    Haha, that's funny. If possible I try never to deal with people at VZW stores. No offense to those who work at VZW but my experience has been abysmal. I always seem to get much better customer service if I call VZW tech. I have replace 4 phones that way no questions asked.

Device
    OS
    Currently? iOS 4
    Before you take it back to VZ, try doing a "CHKDSK" and repair it in Windows. Mine went "unrecognized" for no reason a couple of weeks back. A CHKDSK found and repaired an error on it, works fine since... Just my Two Cents...

PS - use a media card adapter and do it outside of the phone. Windows still wouldn't recognize it via usb when in the phone.
    Last edited by YukonCornelius; 04-29-2009 at 10:02 AM.

PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Kinda on the same subject, but I've read in a couple of different places and sites, that uncooked white rice attracts water molecules. They all say if your phone gets wet, put it in a jar of white rice (burried) and the rice will draw all the water out of the phone in a day or 2.

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Constantly Changing so lost track!?!
    Its interesting I had a damaged media card which wont read and told VZ about it and they said its considered an accessory and will not cover it. Anyone else encounter this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12